Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SIGHTSEEING IN SINGAPORE, What to see and do in Singapore
superflyyy
post Jul 6 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 208726
Nominate me as a Local Expert

do drop by the Singapore Flyer! .. its an urban architecture that u ought not to miss! take a ride in the flyer.. it lasts for half an hr and its the tallest great observation wheel till date. spectacular views and i totally fell in love with singapore right after the ride!! www.singaporeflyer.com

party.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jul 31 2008, 02:44 AM
Post #22

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Hmmm. Sentosa's okay, more of a pleasant getaway from Singapore city life than a stunning beach (man-made). Very expensive too, by Asian standards. Singaporean's however (understandably) love it.

I'd agree with Cheli's list for things to do and would definitely add making the most of the hawker centres to the list. The food is to die for, and much better than the restaurants that have been stained with westernisation..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
crazy_traveller
post Aug 22 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 229125

hey! i've just been to singapore and had exactly the same queries as you. i asked a friend who lived here who got me to download this really cool product on to my mobile. it's absolutely free (crazy, right?!) and it's basically like having the yellow pages on your phone. it tells you what's going on in singapore, what restaurants are good, where they are, where the cool bars are, singapore tourist attractions, etc, etc. it also has some really good restaurant promotions (i got 20% off at a very expensive restaurant!) you can get in from getjar, but also directly from their website digitalconcierge2go . com
have fun and enjoy your time there...i can't wait to go back!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
karywang1989
post Sep 11 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 77080

haha~I like this place~!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
astuteman
post Nov 18 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #25

Wanderer

Member No.: 254512

Hi,

I will recommend you to try Singapore local food like Chilli Crab and Satay.
There a place called Jumbo, you are able to get those yummy local food there.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
puppy_animals
post Jul 8 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 1132771

I've been Singapore one year ago for traveling. In my opinion, Singapore is a small country but its development is so amazing!! There is very clean, quiet and safe. I am especially excited about beautiful architecture buildings which was built based on Feng Shui. People there believe that all the good things or bad things are largely decided by Feng Shui. Have you ever seen Singapore $ 1 coin? It's the lucky coin being made based on the trigrams, means to dispel the evil spirits and all bad things.

Besides, people there are very friendly and polite; you can ask them anything you are confused, they will guide you enthusiastically. Singapore is very safe for you to travel alone and discover many interesting places yourself yes.gif

IPB Image
Singapore $1 coin

IPB Image
the trigrams

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 05:49 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Singapore

Chinatown Hotels
Little India Hotels
Pulau Ubin Hotels
Sentosa Island Hotels
Singapore Hotels
Singapore River Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.