Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Safe travel in Cambodia, Cambodian Travell Concerns
bliany
post Jul 6 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 65831

Can Anyone Give any tips on the best way to travell
Cambodia. I have 15 days in November and want to
flashback around as much as i can.Grateful for any
answers
Bliany
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paul
post Jul 9 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Navigator

Member No.: 98

Hi. Can't tell you much I have only been to Siem Reap - once by air from BKK and once by buses from BKK.

I quite like Cambodia and would love to see more.

Seems reasonably safe to me - especially for a country that only recently had 25% of it's population murdered or starved to death.

Anyway - what does flashback mean?

Good luck with your travels - I hope some other people can give you more advice. But even without it, you'll have fun and get plenty of information while you are there.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bliany
post Jul 9 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #3

Wanderer

Member No.: 65831

QUOTE(Paul @ Jul 9 2007, 07:54 AM) *

Hi. Can't tell you much I have only been to Siem Reap - once by air from BKK and once by buses from BKK.

I quite like Cambodia and would love to see more.

Seems reasonably safe to me - especially for a country that only recently had 25% of it's population murdered or starved to death.

Anyway - what does flashback mean?

Good luck with your travels - I hope some other people can give you more advice. But even without it, you'll have fun and get plenty of information while you are there.

Thanks for the info will take it on board
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
evamaria85
post Oct 13 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #4

Drifter

Member No.: 1099

I traveled through Cambodia for 1 week in 2006 by bike, and it felt quite safe...just had to remember to not go into the fields or forrest when one wanted to pee:-)

I think the best way to get around Cambodia is by bus, and then maybe the boat between Siem Reap and Phnom Phen.

Best,

Eva Maria
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
topsieloo
post Aug 22 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 297458

QUOTE(evamaria85 @ Oct 13 2008, 07:20 AM) *

I traveled through Cambodia for 1 week in 2006 by bike, and it felt quite safe...just had to remember to not go into the fields or forrest when one wanted to pee:-)

I think the best way to get around Cambodia is by bus, and then maybe the boat between Siem Reap and Phnom Phen.

Best,

Eva Maria

I'm thinking of biking somewhere in Cambodia early Jan - was wanting to do a 3 day ride - did you do a tour or wing it? I did a day ride in Vietnam from the highlands down to the coast and didn't want it to end...although my legs did. Is it possilbe to ride from Siem Reip to P. P or is it possible to ride from P.P down to the coast? And if you have any advice on who to go through when I get there that would be great. Cheers,
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gemmacakebread
post Aug 22 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 294091

I have traveled by bus, minivan, back of a truck, boat and on the so-called ferries. Bus is surely the most comfortable and safest way. If you book it through your hotel or guesthouse, you will automatically be put on a tourist bus which is basically the standards of a decent coach in the UK and will still be dirt cheap. My bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap cost me $4.

However its surely not the most fun! Back of a truck id say is the best if youre feeling more adventurous. You get a good view and you cant beat feeling like a dog with your head out the car window!

No matter what mode of transport you take, there are risks. I saw a pretty horrendous crash when I was out there. Drivers are pretty crazy and thres lots of potholes. Though most roads between major cities are fairly new and smoothed.

Just dont expect to sleep on these buses. They use that horn like no tomorrow and you may find yourself slung into the back of the seat infront when the driver suddenly brakes cause there are cows in the road. They wont brake till they absolutely must!

Its an adventure but thats why we go to these places isnt it?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 02:20 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.