Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> traveling to Laupheim
acvom
post Oct 29 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 468911
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Help. My son and his fencing friends are traveling from New York CIty to Laupheim for a World CUp competition. How do we get them from NYC to Laupheim? FLy to Stuttgart or Frankfurt? Then how to get to Laupheim from the airport?? Thanks, A
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Oct 30 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hmmm, that's a tough one!

This is the only blog we have on TravelPod from Laupheim: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...29720/tpod.html

And he hitchhiked...

It's a pretty small place, so you might have to catch some sort of bus or taxi there from a major train station... maybe from Tubingen... I'm not sure... This is the best information I could come up with from a few searches here and there.

If a World Cup game is happening there, I'm sure some sort of public transit will be easily available when the time comes.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
reisender
post Nov 1 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 158028

Hi Acvom,

getting to Laupheim is not that difficult really, even though it appears to be in the middle of nowhere.

I'd suggest flying into Frankfurt. Most airlines provide direct flights to Frankfurt. Frankfurt Airport has a high-speed train station (10 minute walk time from Terminal 1). If your son comes in with Delta, he'll arrive in Terminal 2, and then will have to take the monorail to Terminal 1. There are two railway stations at Frankfurt airport. He has to go to Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof (long distance trains).

Tickets can be obtained from the travel agencies that are near the station, or from ticket machines, or even on the train (slight surcharge). Remember that only applies to Long Distance trains. If he ever gets on any kind of local commuter train, he's got to have the ticket purchased prior to boarding the train, else be subject to a stiff fine.

Highspeed by the way means that the train travels at speeds of up to 190 miles per hour. It's an experience!

From Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof to Laupheim West Railway Station it takes approx. 2:30 hrs. On weekdays, the ICE train leaves Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof 54 minutes after each full hour. You can either go via Stuttgart (which I do not recommend) or via Ulm Hbf to Laupheim West. In Ulm Hbf, which is usually reached about 1:12 mins after departure from Frankfurt, your son needs to change the train. In ULM, he has to take an IRE local train to Laupheim West. From Laupheim West, he can take a bus or taxi to his hotel or hostel in Laupheim.

One of the useful sites, where you can check out this info, is the site of the German railway. It's also in English. www.bahn.de The cost for a single trip, second class is EUR 65. Ask for discounts, though!

HAPPY TRAVELS!

Rg.

Reisender
A Local Expert for Germany
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Nov 6 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Wow, what a detailed answer! Thank you so much Reisender.
Great work.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 09:40 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.