Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> looking for Aussy adventure
akos73
post Oct 28 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 466351
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi there,

After the arrival to Sydney on the 17th of December I'll have 4 weeks for Australia, gorgeous! hyper.gif
Targets are: Outback, Uluru, The Great Barrier Reef, Sydney at NYE, trekking, diving, going out, sleeping on the beach ;-D and so on, if you plan the same just drop me a line to do these together! dance.gif
You can reach me here: akosfellner@yahoo.com.

Don't forget your sunglasses! flowers.png

ciao

Akos

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Oct 29 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hey, I moved your topic into the Australia forum.

I'm sure you'll get someone to meet up with you since you're going all over the place.

Right guys?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
purplebuggy
post Nov 4 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Tourist

Member No.: 282787

You'll love NYE in Sydney - it's super fun! Just make sure you stake out your spot early (like morning!!).

--------------------
pb

Diary of a Ranger-To-Be
Another year in the bushveld of South Africa (Jan 11 - now)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
teedee
post Nov 4 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #4

Drifter

Member No.: 270096

Hi Akos and welcome to the forums!

I cant help you out too much with some of the other stuff, but can help you out with the NT!

You will need at least 7 days to do the "outback". When I say the outback Im taking Alice Springs, Uluru and Kings Canyon.

There are heaps of different operators that can take you on tours - and I think this is the best bet. By the sounds of things you're keen for adventure, so my tip is to book into a backpackers here in Alice Springs then head out on a camping trip. There are 2, 3 and 4 day camping trips. I just came back from one actually only 6 weeks ago.

A good itineary would be 2 nights Alice, 1 night Uluru, 1 night Kings Canyon then 1 night at maybe Glen Helen and then back to Alice Springs for the last night. That will let you experience a fair bit, and also with the 2 nights in Alice Springs it will give you a chance to look around here too - contary to popular belief there is a fair bit to do around Alice Springs.

Its worth checking out our website, http://ww.territorydiscoveries.com - we are the Northern Territory's Government tourist office.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
akos73
post Nov 5 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #5

Hi Teedee!

thanks for the suggestion, the thing is that I have too much info, and just about 1 month, but definatelly I gonna check out the Outback, and your side! I suppose really the best is to make reservations locally when I'm there. What is the best way to get there on an "economic" base ike.gif on which way I can see more from the country?
What accomodation could you suggest, do you have a good side to search through?

Thanks in advance;

Bye

Ákos
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
teedee
post Nov 5 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 270096

Hi Akos,

I suggest visiting this website

Territory Discoveries

We can help you with everything about your trip!

Teedee

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
purplebuggy
post Nov 6 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #7

Tourist

QUOTE(akos73 @ Nov 5 2009, 06:24 AM) *

thanks for the suggestion, the thing is that I have too much info, and just about 1 month, but definatelly I gonna check out the Outback, and your side! I suppose really the best is to make reservations locally when I'm there. What is the best way to get there on an "economic" base on which way I can see more from the country?

Akos,

Making reservations from the point of departure is good in the fact you can check out more companies and end up saving a bit of money. There are HEAPS of tour companies in all the major tourist destinations so I'd wander and see what you can find. If there's something you really want to do though, think about pre-booking because you never know.

Do you have an itinery? If you're a bit overloaded with too much information, teedee and I can give our opinoins on more specific stuff if you like this way.

Accomodation wise, some good sites to check out and have a search through (with great bargins too) are:
www.expedia.com.au
www.lastminute.com.au
www.wotif.com

I've personally used all three and haven't had any problems.

--------------------
pb

Diary of a Ranger-To-Be
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nikitaoakden
post Nov 23 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 529131

Hey there.

I couldn't help noticing that your arriving in sydney, but hope to do heaps of travelling in the northen territory and northen queensland.

There is quite a distance between these destinations - are you aware of this??

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but if you only have 4 weeks, you may be doing alot of travel in between instead of enjoying interest spots.

However, if you manage to fit it all in good for you! I know that Jetstar (australian airline - v. cheap) do VERY cheap domestic flights, however luggage is often very limited.

May i suggest concerntrating your adventure in sydney and the outback (northern territory) because you can get many of the quirks of northern queensland in newsouth wales (sydney area) without the queensland heat!

I live in Queensland, and have never (shamefully) been to the Northern Territory - but i am absolutely positive that somne of the camping tours mentioned above will be well worth the time and trouble!

Good Luck with your travels!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
akos73
post Nov 30 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(purplebuggy @ Nov 6 2009, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(akos73 @ Nov 5 2009, 06:24 AM) *

thanks for the suggestion, the thing is that I have too much info, and just about 1 month, but definatelly I gonna check out the Outback, and your side! I suppose really the best is to make reservations locally when I'm there. What is the best way to get there on an "economic" base on which way I can see more from the country?

Akos,

Making reservations from the point of departure is good in the fact you can check out more companies and end up saving a bit of money. There are HEAPS of tour companies in all the major tourist destinations so I'd wander and see what you can find. If there's something you really want to do though, think about pre-booking because you never know.

Do you have an itinery? If you're a bit overloaded with too much information, teedee and I can give our opinoins on more specific stuff if you like this way.

Accomodation wise, some good sites to check out and have a search through (with great bargins too) are:
www.expedia.com.au
www.lastminute.com.au
www.wotif.com

Hi teedee & pb!

million thanks for the advises! frankly speaking it would be great if you could help me out giving me more info on spots to be visited as I'm really overloaded with infos. Definatelly I will look around in Sydney, maybe in the Blue-Mountains too, then I plan too see the 7 Apostols, afterwards Uluru, your recommended Outback trip, then Darwin (?) , Golden Coast for diving, but I'd be really happy if you could recommend me some "local" hits. Coast and mountains, villages and cities, chilling out places and shopping, diving and trekking, anything you would do as well.
I'll receive tomorrow the LP as well, so I won't starve to death at least! crazy.gif

On exact question: what is your opinion about ozexperience? Are they reliable, offering a good service too?

Not having an initiary I 'm not going to book any room, just for the first night in Sydney if any. How heavy is to get a room in december, is it going to be though in this period of the year?

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help you can support me teedee and pb! yes.gif

ciao

Ákos
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
akos73
post Nov 30 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #10

Akos,

www.expedia.com.au
www.lastminute.com.au
www.wotif.com

[/quote]

Hi teedee & pb!

million thanks for the advises! frankly speaking it would be great if you could help me out giving me more info on spots to be visited as I'm really overloaded with infos. Definatelly I will look around in Sydney, maybe in the Blue-Mountains too, then I plan too see the 7 Apostols, afterwards Uluru, your recommended Outback trip, then Darwin (?) , Golden Coast for diving, but I'd be really happy if you could recommend me some "local" hits. Coast and mountains, villages and cities, chilling out places and shopping, diving and trekking, anything you would do as well.
I'll receive tomorrow the LP as well, so I won't starve to death at least! crazy.gif

One exact question: what is your opinion about ozexperience? Are they reliable, offering a good service too?

Not having an initiary - my job is killing me finishing late evenings - I 'm not going to book any room, just for the first night in Sydney if any. How heavy is to get a room in december, is it going to be though in this period of the year?

Hi nomadicben!
thanks for your advice too, I've just planned to do the same what you mentioned to travel in groups - my friends were too "smart" to buy their tickets on time :-) - so now I should find others to join up occasionally.

Hi ck10_9!
unfortunatelly - because of my crazy friends staying at home - I can not rent out a camper van alone, but anyway it sounds great !
I will check out your blog, thanks for that too!

Hi nikitaoakden!
oh yeah, by now I've realized how big Oz is... that is one side nice - I like f.e. tarvelling by bus etc - but on the other side just as you mentioned it robs the time, so I'm just checking JETSTAR -thanks for it - but first I should have te time to finalize - and start the initiary :-D.
if you want, you can join to me anytime!!!;-)

Hi johnny_mac,
arrival and departure is from Sydney, do you also recommend to catch a flight for big distance, or should I take the coach?

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help you can support me, you are very kind, ALL of you! yes.gif

ciao

Ákos
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
purplebuggy
post Dec 1 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #11

Tourist

Accomodation in December can be hard to find as a heads up especially New Years in Sydney if you aren't there a few days ahead. But, again, you should be pretty right if you aren't right in the middle of the city.

I noticed you had a (?) for Darwin. Don't leave that out, it's very much it's own world and worth going to. I'd do a day (or 2) in Litchfield NP while you're there and enjoy Mitchell St (find a place with a pool is my advice though, haha. There is a popular backpackers in the middle of Mitchell St with one, you'll see it above a blue lit bar nearby.)
For locals advice on most places though I'd check out the Starter Kits that have been done up. Most of them have must-sees around the areas.
For NSW, I think it's a bit far south for your trip but I personally wouldn't miss Jervis Bay on the South Coast (about 3 hours south of Sydney) Huskisson is a good base if you decide to go.

--------------------
pb

Diary of a Ranger-To-Be
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
akos73
post Dec 17 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #12

Hi!
I`m here already in Darwin, and the weather is excellent, shiny, tropical, without any rain, but you know it as well.

unfortunatelly my backpack is somewhere in Australia,hopefully travelling back to me somewhen! :-)

You were right, there are plenty of tour operators locally, it`s too difficult to choose from...:-)
I`ll take a 2 days tour wether to Kakkado or to Litchfield, then I take the Greyhound to go to Alice Springs, then down to Adelaide, Melbourne,Sydney etc.

I`m just wondering if you could recommend me a good place for the NYE in Sydney?

... at home it`s snowing ... :-)

have a nice day,

cheers

Akos
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
barracuda_shark
post Dec 20 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #13

Voyager

Member No.: 561851

I can't help adding my question in but...what makes an Aussie adventure an Aussie adventure?

Is it bulking up more on the outback adventures or on the urban scape?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:06 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.