Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Washington D.C. City Tours, Washington D.C. City Tours
stelly.sweet
post Jun 22 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 63689
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi,
during next month I will be going to Washington City for official purposes. I will stay there for about 15 days. So I am thinking of visiting the city. Can you people guide me in planning the trip? Tell me name of places I should nto visit. I will have around 3 days with me for the trip.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
polltesting1234
post Jun 22 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 63700

Hi its good to see that people are able to find some time out their busy schedule for themselves otherwise they generally donít even think of going on trip. Yes you can have trip of 3 days during which you can visit most of the important places in Washington City. You can find tour packages online from a large no of tour operator in the city. But go for which provide the cheap and best thing according to your budget. You should try to arrange trip during weekend so that your work will not suffer because of this. I generally use Tours4fun services for any trip in USA as they provide the best tour packages at very low prices. To know more about their current offerings, you can visit to tours4fun.com. You can also get online help from their consultant who will definitely eliminate any confusion of yours if any. I really enjoyed the accommodation and transportation services they provide. Moreover the stuff works very hard to give their best to the entire tourist group. I think you should go once for their services and you definitely will not be disappointed.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Jun 22 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #3

Commuter

Member No.: 519

I LOVE D.C. I lived there for four years....

There are a few things that are really worth spending money on. There's a trolley tour of the city that goes to all the monuments. You can buy a day pass and then get on and off at any point along the route. It's a MASSIVE time and foot saver to see all the monuments and Arlington Cemetary. Definitely worth spending a day doing this. Of course, don't miss the Vietnam memorial, one of my favourites. It's simply overwhelming to see all those names....

The Air & Space Museum (Smithsonian) is my personal favourite - but check out the other ones to see what exhibits are on and then choose your favourite. Don't try to go to too many...it's overwhelming!

Spend some time in Georgetown, perhaps check out a night club or two, and have a coffee at one of the cafes and perhaps dinner.

Speaking of dinner, try to get into one of the posh downtown dinner spots - you'll be amazed at who you'll see dining out! smile.gif

That should keep you busy to start with!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:59 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.