Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larnaca top places, What to visit in Larnaca.
marie1213
post Oct 22 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 442071

My husband and I are planning our holiday to Larnaca, Cyprus for 4 days. But I think it is too short period to spend there. Could you, please recommend me top places, which I should visit?

I tried to find this information by Internet, but I think that people, who live in Larnaca or who have already visited this city, can give me better recommendations. flowers.png
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Oct 22 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I'm sure Popi (greekcypriot) will have some suggestions for you! She should be answering your question soon.

I like to check the "things to do" section in TripAdvisor before I go anywhere:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g19...es-Larnaca.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marie1213
post Oct 23 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #3

Wanderer

Thank you very much for your reply. I will discuss this information with my husband... But also I am waiting for Popi (greekcypriot), as I understand she is Cyprus guru here.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Nov 2 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 273790

QUOTE(marie1213 @ Oct 22 2009, 10:29 AM) *

My husband and I are planning our holiday to Larnaca, Cyprus for 4 days. But I think it is too short period to spend there. Could you, please recommend me top places, which I should visit?

I tried to find this information by Internet, but I think that people, who live in Larnaca or who have already visited this city, can give me better recommendations. flowers.png

Dear marie1213 sorry for not getting in touch earlier.
I was actually spending 8 wonderful days in Cyprus. My hometown is Larnaca, and I just got back from this trip one hour ago. I had no access at the place where I was for the last couple of days and did not have time to check my e mails.

Tell me when are you planning to visit Larnaca.
Believe it or not, there were so many people swimming down the beach, and I was with a sleeveless t-shirt all day yesterday even on the Troodos mountain.
Give me some more details of this trip of yours, and be sure to check in one or two days for the new entries of my recent trip to Cyprus.
I am sure you will find all the info you need.
I have no time at all this momment as I leave for work, but I will catch up on everything as from tomorrow.
Thanks
Popi

http://www.travelpod.com/members/greekcypriot
4.500 photos in my blogs with comments and tips

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marie1213
post Nov 6 2009, 03:15 AM
Post #5

Wanderer

Thank you, Popi, in advance! smile.gif Actually, we have already plan our trip a little bit. There is the list of places, which we would like to visit:
- Old town
- famous Ayios Lazaros Church and Hala Sultan Tekke
- Choirokoitia fort
- The Pierides Museum
- Kition ruins
- Larnaka District Mediaeval Museum
- Salt lakes... it sounds so strange for me that lakes can be salt
- Enjoy beaches as much as possible smile.gif
- Alpha Divers Dive Centre... my husband adore diving, so it is his choice... i think I go shopping , while he will be under water smile.gif
- Maybe, we also try horse or donkey riding, but I am not sure yet.

Maybe, you can recommend something more... we are planning to go to Larnaca in December. Probably, we will stay in Flamingo Beach Hotel, I like its location, overlooking the Mediterranean sea! However, again I will be very grateful, if you can recommend another place - cheaper or with better location.

Waiting for your answer,

Marie
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Nov 6 2009, 05:42 AM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

Hi marie
I have been to almost all these places while in Cyprus last week, however I am sure it will be very cold to go out swimming in December. beach.gif ???
I have spent 5 nights at Flamego hotel....it was ok, but I will suggest others if you wish.

Have a look in my entries from Cypus as I am sure you will get much help as well. How come you like Larnaca so much? I adore it myself. Have you ever been to the island?

I spent 2 whole days in Larnaca sightseeing and 2 are I guess enough. I would recommend visiting the Kypriako Museum in Nicosia- I had a post yesterday about it. Don't leave without visiting it. You will be astonished! And a half day trip to Protaras or Agia Napa resort cities. I will try to have all this information in my blog within these coming days.
Get in touch if you need anything else to ask.

Popi
STEP INTO THE PAST yes.gif
5 Blogs,4700 Photos, 30 Countries with comments and tips!

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marie1213
post Nov 12 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #7

Wanderer

Popi, your blog is amazing. I read it with a great pleasure... and pictures are so beautiful. I have never been to the island, so for me it looks like a small paradise! Everything is so exotic: buildings, nature...everything!!! I would like go to Larnaca right now!!! wub.gif Thank you very much again!

Speaking about swimming in December, my husband is crazy about water sport activities and he is ready to enjoy water all year round. But due to the fact that Latvian climate is not so hot, he is a winter swimmer. So, it is not a big problem for him to swim even in very cold water. As for me I enjoy hiking on the beach.

I am really happy that you said that Flamingo hotel is OK, because yesterday my husband booked a room for us there.

I am sure that we will go to Nicosia, because we would like to see as much as possible!!! Maybe, we will also visit Protaras or Agia Napa, if we have time... but I hope we will have. Maybe, one day we can go to Nicosia. And another day we can spend exploring Protaras and Agia Napa, as I understand these cities are located very close to each other.

I show your blog to my husband and he said that we should see everything! We even hired a car to see as much as possible. Besides, have you heard about Decode Car Hire company? They offers rather cheap car hire in Larnaca, but I worried a little bit. We made reservation 3 days ago and we paid the total price of the car in advance, but we still do not receive a confirmation from them...

Waiting for your answer,
Marie
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Nov 12 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #8

Rolling Stone

Marie, please contact me directly through my e mail.
In outher words send me a message from TravelPod, -not through this page here, and give me your full name and any details you have got, -probably a phone number in Larnaca, and I shall see what I can do.
I really don't know them, but we shall check out.
You have probably booked through an agency and not directly through them. Send me all information you have pls.
What are the days you will be down in Cyprus?
I am going the 9th -14th December.
Thanks
Popi

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
marie1213
post Nov 13 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #9

Wanderer

Popi, thank you very much for your help. I am very sorry, but we have received our booking confirmation this morning... again I am very sorry for this misunderstanding. And you are right, it is a brokerage company. In Larnaca they work with Budget, and as I know it is a quite famous and reliable car hire. So, it seems to be OK. Again I am very sorry for my panic.

We are going a little bit later in December 19th, because in December 21st will be our Wedding Anniversary. And this trip will be like a great celebration for us smile.gif

Again thank you very much for your help! You are the best!!!

P.S.: I also would like to be useful for you... If you go to Baltic countries and need some information, just contact me and I will try to find out all necessary things as fast as I can!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Nov 14 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #10

Rolling Stone

Oh, I did not know you were having your wedding aniversary.
I would have suggested another hotel for that but anyhow I hope you like this one.

By the time you go to Cyprus I will be adding more and more photos entries and videos for you to see up on my blog.
Thanks for your good words, and keep in touch if you need anything.
Popi

4.800 Photos, 5 blogs, 30 countries with comments and tips! sweat.gif

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:18 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.