Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bangladesh, Bangladesh
tsargood
post May 26 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36520
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I have just completed a trip in Bangladesh, overland by boat and train from North to South.
Loved it all. although it can be hard going. Only saw 2 other tourists and only in Dhaka. Such a friendly place, highly recomended if you are up for doing it rough.
Although my wife is now in hospital with an unknown bowel disease. Be warned, it is very dirty! more so than any of the other 40 or so countires we have visited. See my blog for pics and journal. http://www.travelpod.com/members/tsargood
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post May 26 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

Nothing like some real hard travel to give you a jolt and wake you up inside. Your trip sounds really great. One day I'll plant my feet firmly on Bangladeshi soil and check it our myself. have heard it's pretty wild.

Really sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Surely she's a strong one. Hope she feels better soon.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jayr.roberts2
post Dec 8 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 482241
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I would be prepared if you are planning on going to Bangladesh as it is a very dirty country but the people are very friendly there and you can have a lot of fun. They have a couple of great five star hotels like the Radisson and the Westin. If you are able to make it outside of Dhaka the main city there are places like Chittagong with Cox's Bazzar and if you head north towards the tea gardens! Great beautiful places smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:24 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Bangladesh

Bandarban Hotels
Bogra Hotels
Chittagong Hotels
Chittagong City Hotels
Cox's Bazar Hotels
Dhaka Hotels
Dhaka City Hotels
Dinajpur Hotels
Gazipur Hotels
Gulshan Hotels
Jessore Hotels
Khulna Hotels
Khulna City Hotels
Maulvi Bazar Hotels
Rajshahi City Hotels
Rangamati Hotels
Saint Martin's Island Hotels
Sylhet Hotels
Sylhet City Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.