Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> My 1st post - Ideas on Travelling the USA?
ctf_gloc
post May 21 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55902

Hi, as of last week I have been made redundant which was a bit of a bugger and straight out of the blue, but hey why not take the opportunity to travel.

So after some Internet research I ended up here, as forums goes it seems to be very comprehensive and very active!

I am 23 years old I live south of London and was an IT technician until Thursday smile.gif I have saved up just over 2000 pounds which I may as well travel with. I have always wanted to go to the USA, backpack, buy a car etc who knows. I personally like the idea of the desert states but also seeing the cities too.
So I really don't know where to begin so many factors flights insurance, whether to go alone or with someone else or with a group.

Ideally i would love to buy a cheap car out there 2nd hand, and go cross country but the cost of doing that on my own will probably be too high, so i guess the ideal would be me and 1 or 2 travelling partners.

Has anyone had experience of this sort of thing? Ideas on a next step? cost etc? sorry if I am being vague here

Thanks

Adam
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:47 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.