Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weather in Turkey during March '10
timnonis
post Oct 16 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 433101
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hey everyone im planning a trip to Middle East with my buds and one of the places will be Turkey, so what will the weather be like there in March?
Just want to get a rough idea of what to expect.

Cheers
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
manzara
post Oct 16 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
From: Çeşme, Western Turkey. One of Turkey's best-kept secrets
Member No.: 262135

The answer, of course, depends on what parts of the country you plan to visit. For serious meteorologists, Turkey has seven distinct climatic regions, but for most visitors, the most important distinctions are between the coast with its moderate winter temperatures and hot, humid summers, and the inland areas with their extremely cold winters and extremely hot summers. The further east you travel, the more pronounced these extremes become. For example much of eastern Turkey is impassable with snow from December through to April, with temperatures sometimes falling to around -12°C.

The following will give you some idea of what to expect during March in several areas but lkike everywher else, the weather in Turkey can often be unpredictable! The Average Midday Temperature is quoted and below it the Average Monthly Rainfal

İstanbul 7º C
70mm

İzmir 12º C
70mm

Antalya 13º C
95mm

Ankara 5º C
30mm

Trabzon 9º C
55mm

Diyarbakır 9º C
65mm

Hope this helps. Enjoy your travels throughout the Middle East.

--------------------
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzy, Chinese Philosopher (604 - 531 BC)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
timnonis
post Oct 17 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(manzara @ Oct 16 2009, 06:58 AM) *

The answer, of course, depends on what parts of the country you plan to visit. For serious meteorologists, Turkey has seven distinct climatic regions, but for most visitors, the most important distinctions are between the coast with its moderate winter temperatures and hot, humid summers, and the inland areas with their extremely cold winters and extremely hot summers. The further east you travel, the more pronounced these extremes become. For example much of eastern Turkey is impassable with snow from December through to April, with temperatures sometimes falling to around -12°C.

The following will give you some idea of what to expect during March in several areas but lkike everywher else, the weather in Turkey can often be unpredictable! The Average Midday Temperature is quoted and below it the Average Monthly Rainfal

İstanbul 7º C
70mm

İzmir 12º C
70mm

Antalya 13º C
95mm

Ankara 5º C
30mm

Trabzon 9º C
55mm

Diyarbakır 9º C
65mm

Hope this helps. Enjoy your travels throughout the Middle East.

A great help, i didnt expect temperatures to be that low. I would probably be heading to the western side, istanbul, also considering ephesus..

So i would definitely be needing thicker clothes then?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
manzara
post Oct 17 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
From: Çeşme, Western Turkey. One of Turkey's best-kept secrets
Member No.: 262135

][/quote]
A great help, i didnt expect temperatures to be that low. I would probably be heading to the western side, istanbul, also considering ephesus..
So i would definitely be needing thicker clothes then?
[/quote]

Yes, I should err on the side of 'cooler' to be on the safe side. As you know average temperasture are only a very approximate guide and you could be lucky and experience slightly higher temperatures - but better to be prepared!

I am sure you will be doing a great deal of your own research in preparation for your trip but if you do visit western Turkey and require any more information, please let me know. For example if you are visiting Ephesus and have some extra time in the Selçuk area, you can also visit the lovely mountain village of Şirince, see the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and even have an inexpensive traditional lunch in a tree house.

Not sure what your budget for accommodation would be for staying in İstanbul but I can recommend a very good hotel/pansiyon, inexpensive in view of its location right in the heart of Sultanahmet. I could message you the details and website if you are interested.

Enjoy your travels!

--------------------
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzy, Chinese Philosopher (604 - 531 BC)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
timnonis
post Oct 17 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #5

mm yes i am getting to know more about turkey everyday. i will need as much information i can get its my first time travelling so far out without my parents :\

yeah it would be great if you could send me the details and the website, i would love to have as many options as possible.

thankyou!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:10 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.