Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> where to stay for late arrival
gobigred
post Oct 13 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 384341

My wife and I are flying into Singapore in a couple months arriving from US at 1155pm so will be late. I am starting to plan our hotels etc.

Since is late, is it safe to take a train to Hotel locations downtown or would it be better to stay at or near Airport? I should add the rest of our travel plans: we arrive at 1155pm and only staying a day and 1/2 then need to board a cruise ship at 400pm at Maritime Square but want to spend some time in between seeing Sinapore. Yes know not going to do justice to Singapore with only 38 or so hours including sleeping time but will make the best we can of time allowed.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aopaq
post Oct 14 2009, 05:44 AM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 893

According to info I found, the train ends at 11:00 pm and the bus service at midnight. So it seems you can only stay around the airport or take a taxi the 20 km to the city.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Oct 14 2009, 06:09 AM
Post #3

Navigator

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

Regarding the is it SAFE? part of your question - yes. Whatever form of transport you end up getting, I wouldn't be too worried about violent crime or muggings or that sort of thing in Singapore - I don't think they have those issues - or very little.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:59 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Singapore

Chinatown Hotels
Little India Hotels
Pulau Ubin Hotels
Sentosa Island Hotels
Singapore Hotels
Singapore River Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.