Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> good, better, KOREA!
samhoso
post Mar 6 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 42428
Nominate me as a Local Expert

how come nobody is mentioning korea here?!?! guys, you need to check it out - seoul has been one of my best travel experiences ever!!!! everyone talks about japan, thailand, china, singapore... KOREA is the place to visit! i am 31, single male, lived in new york for the last 7 years, very open-minded, and laid-back. i am a real party animal and yes, i love cute girls (no hookers!!). guess what: seoul was heaven on earth for me! best parties, best food and stunning, stylish, sophisticated, friendly local women! you don't impress them with money, because they have more money than an average tourist - but they are just super friendly, and will hang out with you if you are down to earth and friendly. the clubs i visited were amazing! i am spoiled with night life, because obviously living in new york for so long i've seen a lot - but seoul is right on! and the best part is: everything is 24/7! locals were so friendly, too. i got huge acceptance everywhere i went. key is: be humble and respect them. if they recognize it, they will treat you like a family member. to make a long story short: visit korea - you're gonna love it!

- sam
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Mar 6 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

Hi Sam

It sounds really fun smile.gif Are there any clubs or area of interest you would recommend?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rbisset
post Mar 6 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Planet Pioneer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 692

I love NE Asia and Korea is definitely on my to-do-list. I met loads of really friendly Korean people while travelling (mainly in Aus) and have heard loads of good things about the place. Plus it's not overly large so travelling around should be pretty easy.

Plus I've heard the girls are very nice..... wub.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
samhoso
post Mar 6 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Wanderer

Yes, I recommend the Hongdae area - that's where it's really happening. Very cool clubs, and nice restaurants and bars. This is the place where cool locals and laid-back foreigners hang out and mingle. Club I can recommend is M2, they usually have guest DJs from around the world. Try to catch the "Club Day" - it's the last Friday of each month, and it means: You pay one admission, and it gets you into all the cool Hongdae clubs. It's one of the coolest nights to go out, because everyone goes. Do not make the mistake to go to Itaewon, because that's where all the American soldiers and other Westerners go to play with hookers - it's really trashy.

Enjoy,
- Sam
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
quyethandetour
post Mar 7 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 42628

Hello! I'm Vietnamese, and I would like to talk to all people allover the world. I have a lot of knowledge of Tourism, Don't hesitate to contact to me should you need. Happy day!

Bestregards.
quyethandetour@yahoo.com

[font=Arial][size=7]
QUOTE(samhoso @ Mar 6 2007, 06:14 AM) *

how come nobody is mentioning korea here?!?! guys, you need to check it out - seoul has been one of my best travel experiences ever!!!! everyone talks about japan, thailand, china, singapore... KOREA is the place to visit! i am 31, single male, lived in new york for the last 7 years, very open-minded, and laid-back. i am a real party animal and yes, i love cute girls (no hookers!!). guess what: seoul was heaven on earth for me! best parties, best food and stunning, stylish, sophisticated, friendly local women! you don't impress them with money, because they have more money than an average tourist - but they are just super friendly, and will hang out with you if you are down to earth and friendly. the clubs i visited were amazing! i am spoiled with night life, because obviously living in new york for so long i've seen a lot - but seoul is right on! and the best part is: everything is 24/7! locals were so friendly, too. i got huge acceptance everywhere i went. key is: be humble and respect them. if they recognize it, they will treat you like a family member. to make a long story short: visit korea - you're gonna love it!

- sam
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
samhoso
post Mar 7 2007, 03:45 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

wtf!!! dude, ur getting commission for this posting or what? besides, with all respect, but this forum is about korea man (maybe u should open a vietnam forum, no?).

- sam

QUOTE(quyethandetour @ Mar 7 2007, 03:41 AM) *

Hello! Should you have not ever travel to Vietnam, but you wish to know it and the beautyful girls in Asia or Vietnam, don't hesitate to contact me, here is the website about Vietnamese girl http://www.aodaivietnam.com.vn or www.vietnamaodai.com.vn or if you want to travel to Vietnam or asia you can talk to me and I will assit you.

Cheer,
quyethandetour@yahoo.com

QUOTE(rbisset @ Mar 6 2007, 01:36 PM) *

I love NE Asia and Korea is definitely on my to-do-list. I met loads of really friendly Korean people while travelling (mainly in Aus) and have heard loads of good things about the place. Plus it's not overly large so travelling around should be pretty easy.

Plus I've heard the girls are very nice..... wub.gif

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ktje42
post Jun 18 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 62831

I'm a korean girl who lives in Vancouver.
I had lived in seoul for 20years and 2 months ago I moved in vancouver. If there is anyone who wants to ask me something about Korea, feel free to ask me.
Ktje42@naver.com
I can help ur travel.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thellie
post Jun 19 2007, 03:15 AM
Post #8

Pathfinder

Member No.: 13877

i'll be flying out to busan tomorrow night for five weeks, and have lots to do - my friend has sorted every w/e for me:
:2 in seoul (one cheerleading for her hapkido competition, the other at a traditional korean built guesthouse)
:the mud festival
:camping on one of the islands

plus daytrips while she's at work - i want to go to the dmz, plus there's canada day just after i get there, which seems to be quite big (maybe because of the war?)...

i'll post a link to my blog when i've written up my experiences (and i'll let you know about the girls - the thai girls will be hard to beat, although a friend emailed me recently to say the vietnamese girls were even more delicious, and she's a straight female...)

----------
thellie

http://www.travelpod.com/members/thellie
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stevejames
post Jun 19 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #9

Tourist

Member No.: 232

Korea is on my next trip tongue.gif the people fascinate me more than anything - they are fiercely proud of their country and believe some crazy things - check out the phenomenon of Fan Death...

hyper.gif

--------------------
steve
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thellie
post Jun 19 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #10

Pathfinder

QUOTE(stevejames @ Jun 19 2007, 12:10 PM) *

Korea is on my next trip tongue.gif the people fascinate me more than anything - they are fiercely proud of their country and believe some crazy things - check out the phenomenon of Fan Death...

hyper.gif

hehe, interesting....! but the amount of rooms i've stayed in over the years with doors/windows shut and a fan on would lead me to discount it.

anyone got a theory on it?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Jun 20 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #11

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

:2 in seoul (one cheerleading for her hapkido competition, the other at a traditional korean built guesthouse)
:the mud festival
:camping on one of the islands

This all sounds very interesting. I'm particularly curious about the mud. Sounds like good times. What gives? Is there wrestling? In mud? With...wait a minute! With girls? laugh.gif Beautiful muddy girls?

Have a safe trip over you. smile.gif

Sam, you've totally sold me on Korea!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thellie
post Jun 20 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Pathfinder

QUOTE(wakingdream @ Jun 20 2007, 05:01 AM) *

This all sounds very interesting. I'm particularly curious about the mud. Sounds like good times. What gives? Is there wrestling? In mud? With...wait a minute! With girls? laugh.gif Beautiful muddy girls?

Have a safe trip over you. smile.gif

thanks you, although i've already said that elsewhere...

mud, glorious mud! http://www.mudfestival.or.kr/lang/en/index.jsp

it's gonna be messier than songkhran! and with as much muddy girl wrestling as i can manage, and am allowed to participate in!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Jun 20 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #13

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

Ahh, I must've missed that info along the way. That looks really fun. That mud festival would be a good one to pair up with Songkhran. First muddy and then sprayed off and powdered up! Mudkhran? Mudsong? rofl.png

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
countrydog5
post Sep 17 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 357111

Hi,

I was hoping since you are familiar with Seoul you can assist me in cheap ways to travel from Seoul to bangkok. The flight tickets are as much as the tickets from the USA to Korea. Thanks- I look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa C

QUOTE(ktje42 @ Jun 18 2007, 11:51 PM) *

I had lived in seoul for 20years and 2 months ago I moved in vancouver. If there is anyone who wants to ask me something about Korea, feel free to ask me.
Ktje42@naver.com
I can help ur travel.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jessicadawson
post Sep 29 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 319541

When I flew from Seoul to Bangkok the cheapest flight was China Air - check them out!

QUOTE(countrydog5 @ Sep 17 2009, 06:23 PM) *

Hi,

I was hoping since you are familiar with Seoul you can assist me in cheap ways to travel from Seoul to bangkok. The flight tickets are as much as the tickets from the USA to Korea. Thanks- I look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa C

QUOTE(ktje42 @ Jun 18 2007, 11:51 PM) *

Ktje42@naver.com
I can help ur travel.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 11:11 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.