Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jordan
nethyt
post Feb 12 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 39052
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Jordan for 3 weeks in March, does anybody have any ideas or suggestions for lodging? I would like to rent an aptartment for my stay, but don't really know the best parts of town or who to contact.

Any help or idea's would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Matt
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Feb 12 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi Matt,

Where abouts will you be staying?

In Petra there is Massa Springs or the Cleopatra Hostel. Will you be doing a tour?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Feb 13 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

Hi Matt,

I went parusing a bit and found a couple of websites. Ofcourse renting something there while you're home can be a bit worrisome, but I think if you do the proper research you could likely find something decent. The prices seem fair for what's offered, but pictures sometimes leave something to be desired. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Jordan or it's different areas.

I have rented flats online in a couple of different places, which turned out to be great and having a place to call your own while you're away can be a really nice thing. I'd initially do a bit of research on the different areas and what's about and try to narrow down the area.

Anyhow, here are a few links I found. Maybe you've come across the same ones. At least you can get an idea of prices and areas. If you do a little research I'm sure you could pinpoint some areas you prefer over others.

Travel Library

Sublet.com

Vast.com

Anyhow, there's a start. In the last link you might have to keep rifting through. I didn't completely check it out, but the prices vary greatly. Looks like there are rentals in alot of different areas too. Hmmm. this is making me want to go there even more!

Hope this helps a wee bit. Good Luck! happy.gif

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uktokyoite
post Nov 19 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #4

Expeditionist

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 196192

Hi Matt,

I'm off to Jordan in December and I found this website Jordan Jubilee which I have found really useful. The lady who wrote it I have emailed and she has always got back to me with answers. I took her advice about contacting a recommended bedouin guide for when we visit Wadi Rum - can't wait!

--------------------
Cheers and all the best,

Honor

My Webpage
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Jordan

Ajlun Hotels
Amman Hotels
Aqaba Hotels
Azraq Hotels
Dana Hotels
Dead Sea Region Hotels
Irbid Hotels
Jerash Hotels
Karak Hotels
Ma'in Hotels
Madaba Hotels
Shoubak Hotels
Sweimah Hotels
Tabaqat Fahl Hotels
Wadi Musa Hotels
Wadi Rum Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.