Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelling during the silly season, From Ko Lanta to Koh Pha Ngan
danijon
post Nov 17 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 938

We are hoping that you will be able to assist us smile.gif

We are travelling from Ko Lanta to Koh Pha Ngan on the 30th December.

There will be a total of 7 of us travelling on this day, and understand it is a very busy time of the year.

Does anybody know what the best transportation would be for us, ie boat/bus/plane and the timeliness of this.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rbisset
post Nov 18 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Planet Pioneer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 692

There are numerous companies that can assist you in getting across the country. I'd hazard a guess that it'd be around the 400-600 baht price range. I travelled from Bangkok to Ko Pha Ngan on Christmas Eve without any problems last year and headed back on New Years Day! There is no problem with travelling those dates in Thailand.

When I left Ko Phi Phi for Koh Tao a couple of weeks later I took the night boat from Surat Thani and that worked out pretty well. I imagine if you were short on time that you could fly from Krabi/Phuket to Koh Samui for about 2000 baht and there are loads of flights everyday.

The only problem you may have is trying to find accomodation. It will be a nightmare seeing as you will be arriving 1 day before New Years Eve and everyone will be staying for the Full Moon party on the 3rd. I'd recommend getting there a few days earlier and soaking up the increasing party atmosphere.

I was able to find a S*$#hole of a shack for 150 baht/night that did the job on Christmas Eve because the Full Moon party a few days earlier had been cancelled and loads of people left. Christmas Eve was brilliant fun and the parties got gradually bigger every night until NYE. When I returned about 10 days later for the FMP it was absolute carnage. Everywhere was booked up and it took me 4 hours until I found somewhere to stay! That was 2 days before the party.

So, as the FMP is so close to NYE this year you will HAVE to get there a few days earlier. I'd say 28th and you should be fine. Any later and it'll be a bloody nightmare.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:42 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.