Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ingapirca Ecuador
wakingdream
post Sep 9 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

Many of us who think of the Inca ruins automatically think of Peru but there's a lesser known place to see Inca ruins in Ecuador; Ingpirca.

The ruins are the largest Incan ruins in Ecuador. The most significant building is the temple of the sun, an elliptical shaped building constructed around a large rock. The building is constructed in the Incan way without mortar. The stones were simply chiseled and fashioned to fit together perfectly. The temple of the sun was positioned so that on the solstices, at exactly the right time of day, sunlight would fall through the center of the doorway of the small chamber at the top of the temple. Most of this chamber has fallen down.

IPB Image

Has anyone here ever visited?

Below is a nice account of writer's visit. It's includes alot of her costs so might be worth checking out for anyone planning to go or wanting to go smile.gif

Inca Ruins & Animal Encounters

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Sep 12 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Interesting article. The Inca Empire stretched all the way to present-day Colombia. This news/blog site seems to be written mainly by travel writers and such on invited familiarization tours, hence they seem to travel well and everything is beautifully organized, very far removed from our back-packer society. This paragraph pretty much sums it up:
I had made reservations, before I left home, for dinner that night at the 3-star Villa Rosa Restaurant (phone 07 2837 944), situated in an old Cuencan home. Main courses cost $10-$14. Unfortunately, my meal was not as good as I expected for a 3-star restaurant. Sometimes itís what you order, but I was disappointed.
I'm impressed that she actually made a reservation in advance at a restaurant in Cuenca of all places, and to boot, that she was disappointed in the meal. Wow..I'm amazed.

How many of us would make restaurant reservations for our holidays before even leaving home?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 22 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

How many of us would make restaurant reservations for our holidays before even leaving home?

No doubt. That's way too much planning for me!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:16 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Ecuador

Alamor Hotels
Ambato Hotels
Archidona Hotels
Bahia de Caraquez Hotels
Banos Hotels
Cayambe Hotels
Chugchilan Hotels
Coca Hotels
Cotundo Hotels
Cuenca Hotels
Cuyabeno Hotels
Esmeraldas Hotels
Galera Hotels
Gualaquiza Hotels
Guayaquil Hotels
Huaquillas Hotels
Ibarra Hotels
Ingapirca Hotels
Laguna Cuicocha Hotels
Las Tunas Hotels
Loja Hotels
Machachi Hotels
Machala Hotels
Manta Hotels
Mindo Hotels
Montanita Hotels
Otavalo Hotels
Papallacta Hotels
Pedro Vicente Maldonado Hotels
Puerto Ayora Hotels
Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Hotels
Puerto Lopez Hotels
Puyo Hotels
Quito Hotels
Riobamba Hotels
Salinas Hotels
Sangolqui Hotels
Sumaco Hotels
Tena Hotels
Vilcabamba Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.