Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insert photo
avelo
post Jul 6 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3820473
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello,

I begin my trip monday and try to prepare my blog. I use the travelpod app for IOS. I can upload photo with the app but I can't publish the photo in the text. The photos are under the text. Is it possible to mix photos and text ? I have seen other blogs with this kind of presentation. Thank you.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jul 6 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 164003

Hi Avelo!

Looks like you're heading on an amazing trip! Are you planning on bumping into the Tour?

Pictures are only mixed into the text if there is a certain amount of text in your entry. We took the time to pick a minimum amount so that it displays nicely along with the map in the top right corner of your entry.

Once you have written a good amount of text, the pictures will automatically weave themselves into the text based on the order they where uploaded.

I hope that explains it! Have a great ride!

Eric
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
avelo
post Jul 6 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3820473

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry but The Tour has not choosen my route !

Now, I Know what to do each evening : to write enough to mix photos and text in the blog.

No bar, no restaurant, no parties... Only writing in my room. blink.gif

Best regards,

Olivier

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
abercromby56
post Aug 8 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3978933

QUOTE(avelo @ Jul 6 2013, 03:22 PM) *

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your answer.

Sorry but The Tour has not choosen my route !

Now, I Know what to do each evening : to write enough to mix photos and text in the blog.

No bar, no restaurant, no parties... Only writing in my room. blink.gif

Best regards,

Olivier

This was my question too.....so thanks for posting it and the reply. Does this mean if I now go back and add text, the photos already posted 'below the line' will interweave, or does this only work if you post enough text from the get-go? And what have you found to be the minimum amount of content to cause the photos to interweave? Many thanks in advance

Judith
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Aug 8 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #5

Pathfinder

Hi Judith,

The minimum is something close to 300 words, but keep in mind that it will only weave as many pictures as there is text to wrap around them. So with the minimum amount of text, you'll only have one picture weaved.

Yes, you can definitely go back an update old entries with more text and it will weave.

However, if you're using the web site to update you blog, you can always manually weave your pictures. Just uncheck "Automatically weave pictures into this entry" to the right of the Story field and you can add as many in as you'd like.

TIP: Putting one left justified and one right justified picture next to each other looks very sharp. Just do that between two paragraphs of text.

While we're here, is there anything about the default photo layout that you think we could improve? Do you find the thumbnails under the post too small?

Thanks for any feedback! We're always looking to improve.

Eric
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
abercromby56
post Aug 8 2013, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3978933

[quote name='ericlussier' date='Aug 8 2013, 07:45 AM' post='659903']
Hi Judith,

The minimum is something close to 300 words, but keep in mind that it will only weave as many pictures as there is text to wrap around them. So with the minimum amount of text, you'll only have one picture weaved.

Yes, you can definitely go back an update old entries with more text and it will weave.

However, if you're using the web site to update you blog, you can always manually weave your pictures. Just uncheck "Automatically weave pictures into this entry" to the right of the Story field and you can add as many in as you'd like.

TIP: Putting one left justified and one right justified picture next to each other looks very sharp. Just do that between two paragraphs of text.

While we're here, is there anything about the default photo layout that you think we could improve? Do you find the thumbnails under the post too small?

Eric[quote name='ericlussier' date='Aug 8 2013, 07:45 AM' post='659903']
Hi Judith,

Eric
[/quote]

Hey Eric....tks for this superfast response!

I'm new to travelpod....it was recommended by a friend ...but I'm a convert now! I could never be bothered keeping a travel diary and I don't really like Facebook - it can be SO banal! But TP has given me the little push I needed....I'm mainly doing it for myself but my friends seem to enjoy it too - could be the stories and pics of blissful Provence winging their way back to rather chilly Canberra , Australia !
I'm using an iPad and the TP app mainly to update the blog. ...Havent tried weaving automatically using the website...will give it a whirl now. I find the thumbnails fine for size thanks. I did struggle with uploading photos at first....a combo of very very dodgy connection speed and signal strength in the wilds of rural England ! I've ended up taking most photos on my iPad so I ont have to synch them from my iPhone, and now it's a breeze to upload of course. I couldn't do the same with a video, but! Also my friend who got me onto TP would like to rearrange photo order in her posts (as would I), using her iPad but it won't let her drag and drop...is this an iPad functionality issue?

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Aug 8 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #7

Pathfinder

That's great to hear!

Photo reordering hasn't been implemented on the iPad yet, but it's something we have considered adding. We'll add you and your friend's vote!

Happy travels!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:31 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.