Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wang Luoyong , The first Chinese mainland Broadway singer
lemon233
post Sep 11 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14984

Wang Luoyong, first Chinese mainland Broadway singer. Over the past six years, wang has performed "Miss Saigon” nearly 2,500 times. do anyone here know something about him ?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Caro!
post Sep 12 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #2

World Traveler

Member No.: 550

Haven't heard about him, but tell us more,

Caro!

--------------------
Check out my videos and pics!!

The pictures I will proudly show to my offspring

Whatever Lola wants...Lola gets!!!

Happiness is available to anybody, so please help yourself!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lemon233
post Sep 18 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14984

More details about Wang Luoyong [color=#006600]

Born and raised in Central China's Hubei Province, Wang learned Peking Opera at the age of 11 in Hubei Experimental Peking Opera School.
It has always been Wang's dream to become a performer. He remembers the day he was admitted to the Department of Performance at the Shanghai Theatre Academy in the early 1980s.
Wang went to the United States in 1987 with great confidence because of his English proficiency. But when he started acting classes at Boston University, he was frustrated by the rapid English of his professor. "I couldn't understand a single word of English," he said. "I wondered if it was the same language I learned at home."
His professor advised him to practise his pronunciation daily.
"I read aloud every morning to train the muscles around the mouth. Sometimes, I pronounce one word hundreds of times," he said. "In half a year I succeeded, and my pronunciation became standard."
In 1989, he earned a master of fine arts degree from the School for the Arts at Boston University and started job hunting.
'Mr Saigon'
In 1992, after being rejected eight times, he found his first role as thet engineer in the first national tour of Miss Saigon.
"It was all by accident that I got the role," he recalled. When he visited the producer's office seeking an audition, a secretary mistook him for someone delivering an airline ticket and sent him directly to the producer's office.
"The first thing the producer asked me was where the ticket was, as he intended to travel to China," Wang recalled. "I realized that it was a good chance to show myself, and I introduced myself to him."
The producer invited Wang to sing a song, but laughed at his first choice of Elvis Presley's "Love Me Tender."
"I was determined to impress him, so I sang one song after another until I was told I should stop and wait to hear from him the next week."
Wang was accepted as an understudy. It was the first time a singer from the Chinese mainland had been cast in a Broadway musical.
Chance smiled on him when one of the cast fell ill.
"I was notified that I would perform that night, and I felt very nervous," Wang said. But he became famous overnight as audiences began to know a Chinese man who sang on Broadway
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:51 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.