Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travel2Teach, Thoughts on this Program???
krisraym
post Sep 7 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15849
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I'm heading to Thailand mid-January, so I've been looking in to various volunteer programs, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, comments, warnings, praise that they would like to share with me about Travel2Teach. Any past/present volunteers have any to say about this company? Anyone know of any other "better" programs to look into? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 8 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Hi Krisraym,

I've not heard of Travel2Teach so can offer nothing. However, check out this page. There's a load of information there about the many alternative courses. Within it you should find information on travelling/placements. Hope it's of use. Let us know what you think. thumbsup.png

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Sep 22 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Navigator

Member No.: 98

Hi, I am just looking up travel2teach now... Ummm, I am not sure the website doesn't say much. I think they are probably good, but cannot say for sure.

Another option for you: If you do not find an organisation that you like please feel free to contact me. I am the Thailand agent for an Australian company called Antipodeans. I organise the homestays and volunteer work for the Australian volunteers coming here and also sometimes organise or lead other trips for them. (I also used to be a leader for Intrepid). I very much like the work as it is great for the local communities and also for the volunteers.
I would like to do more of that work, however Antipodeans can only supply me with a limited number of volunteers. So, I am happy for people like you to contact me directly and maybe I can organise things for you.

Anyway good luck. You will love Thailand as the people here are wonderful and extremely friendly and welcoming. Let me know if you don't have any luck with other organisations and you would like me to help you do some volunteering.

Paul jump.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 22 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

That's great info Paul, might just take you up on that myself when I'm over that way..

Agree with you on the website. Erm...

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Sep 25 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Navigator

Member No.: 98

QUOTE(ScottWoz @ Sep 22 2006, 11:02 PM) *

That's great info Paul, might just take you up on that myself when I'm over that way..

Agree with you on the website. Erm...

OK, you are welcome.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
krisraym
post Sep 25 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 15849

Thank you both for your comments, advice, and the offer to help me set up some volunteering opportunities.

As of right now I'm in contact with a very friendly, helpful, and accommodating woman who works for T2T, and it looks like I'm going to be spending somewhere around 2 months in Thailand, a month or so in Cambodia, and another month or so in Vietnam before heading back to Thailand to travel around with a friend who's teaching in Beijing this year.

I'm incredibly excited and I can hardly wait for January to roll around. If either of you, or anyone else reading this thread for that matter, has any other leads on legit teaching/volunteering gigs in Thailand please let me know. And thanks again for posting a couple of comments in my lonely-up-til-now thread.

Kristen
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 25 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Rolling Stone

Paul,

Thanks for all you support..

Krisraym,

Glad you've got things sorted. That's excellent news. Please let us know how things go with T2T and the rest of your experiences. It's always interesting to see how new opportunities work out.

Best of luck! thumbsup.png

--------------------
Woz..

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:30 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.