Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Someting I wanna share with you about China
lemon233
post Aug 29 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14984

Hi,there!Glad to hear lots of ideas from all of you which makes me eager to share with you somthing about my homtown.

I am a girl from South China. The Province I live in is Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, but people in China always call it Guangxi for short. China has 56 nationality, and 55 of them are minority except HAN.

The population of Han people is largest in 56 nationalities in China, with a percentage of 95%. But of other 55 minorities, the population of Zhuang minority is biggest. And most Zhuang people are living in Guangxi province; this is also the reason why Guangxi has the name Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.

Guangxi has another name “The sea of songs” for the reason that the people in GUangxi -- especially the minority people are good at singing. The young men and girls would sing love songs to unburden their love to the ones they love. At Recent years, in Nanning ,the capital city of Guangxi, there is an activity called International Folk Songs and Art Festival in every October.

The art festival attracts millions of people all around the world and hundreds of famous art performing groups of other countries are also invited to have performance in the open ceremony of the art festival. It is now becoming the well-known brand of art in China, even in the world since it first showed its face in 1993.

Also in every October,during the Nanning International Folk Song and Art Festival, CHINA-ASEAN EXPO is held in the green city, Nanning (the capital city of Guangxi). And CHINA-ASEAN is the largest esposition in ChINA-ASEAN Free Trade Area.

I am not sure what I share with you would cause your interest or not, anyway hope you like it. Thank you.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Caro!
post Aug 29 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #2

World Traveler

Group: Members
Member No.: 550

Hi Lemon,
Wow those are some interesting facts about China, It's good to have people from all over in Travel Pod.
If you have more interesting things to share about China, I'd like to hear about it. It would be better if you open a forum under the ORIENT destination.

Looking forward to hear more about china!

Caro!

--------------------
Check out my videos and pics!!

The pictures I will proudly show to my offspring

Whatever Lola wants...Lola gets!!!

Happiness is available to anybody, so please help yourself!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:04 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.