Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shenzhen, China, The best hotel for average traveller?
cyndibluebell
post Aug 28 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 301341
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My husband and me are planning to visit Shenzhen, China at the end of this year. We are not sure if its safe to travel on our own? Where to get good cheap hotel, with security and not too far from town? What we should look out for and what to be aware of? How to travel cheap and safe? Please share your experience. Thank you...Cyndibluebell
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Aug 30 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 255321

China is an extremely safe place to travel. You should have no problems in that department as long as you use common sense. I have a friend in Shenzhen and I emailed her to ask her about good, safe, cheap places to sleep near downtown. I'll let you know when she responds to me. I have no doubt you guys will have a blast. Shenzhen is a fun city.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
happysheep
post Sep 7 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 235138
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Try ctrip or elong for hotels - it also has reviews and ratings. Or go to http://www.hotelfoo.com/ for a comprehensive collection of reviews.

In Shenzhen I've stayed at the Good Time Inn (partly because of the name), along with some others nearer the train station. You can also stay in spas like Queens' Spa.

Shenzhen is quite safe, apart from the areas with brothels, but you have to search these dodgy areas out.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
shangguan
post Sep 28 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

Member No.: 255321

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. My friend was very busy.

If you want affordable, the Bamboo Hotel, Shenzhen is a good hotel. It's clean and the desk staff can speak English.

Another good hotel is the Fortune Hotel. It is a bit pricier, but the rooms and ammenities are better.

I don't know if you are interested, but there is a hostel known as the Shenzhen Loft. That is usually where I stay when I'm in Shenzhen. It, of course, does not have the ammenities of the hotels, but it is clean, you can get a private room with bathroom and it is a great way to meet other travelers and get ideas of which sites to visit and how to get to them. The staff can speak English. It is secure and they do have lockers in their office to lock your things in when you are not in your room.

I hope this helps.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robjstaples
post Oct 3 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #5

Voyager

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(cyndibluebell @ Aug 28 2009, 10:55 AM) *

My husband and me are planning to visit Shenzhen, China at the end of this year. We are not sure if its safe to travel on our own? Where to get good cheap hotel, with security and not too far from town? What we should look out for and what to be aware of? How to travel cheap and safe? Please share your experience. Thank you...Cyndibluebell

A good value favourite of mine is the OCT Loft Hostel. It is advertised as a Hostel but many of the rooms are clean, bright doubles with en-suite bathroom. It's located 5 mins from the subway.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:07 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.