Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for anyone travelling in peru in october
pelvis
post Aug 27 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 299221

hi, i'm travelling solo in peru in october, and was looking for anyone/group also there at that time.

i was going to book a couple of tours, as that is a good way to meet people and saves having to arrange stuff, but now thinking of doing a DIY plan as there is so much to see, and want to tailor it to my own desires.

i'm travelling alone as my wife is working and noone else can take the 3weeks or so out. also, i just came back from morocco traveling by myself, and it was a great way to meet new people (travelling with wife or friends, though we might talk to some people, i dont think you take the same time to get to know people)

the risk is that at times, it can be a little boring,despite the sights you are seeing, if you dont happen to hook up with people

my rough plan so far is;
lima - 2days
nazca - 2days
chile - 2days
arequipa - 4days
bolivia - 2days
cusco - 4days
huaraz - 3days
kuelap - 2days
jungle - 4days

this comes to 25days, which is prob a bit much for me, so i may try and cut it down. most likely to go are chile and bolivia, esp if there is nothing to see/do near the borders.

also interested in ideas/thoughts on the itinery if anyone has any comments, as this is just my initial draft.

look forward to hearing from you!

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Aug 27 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I think that's a good itinerary. Were you planning on going to only one city in Chile and Bolivia? I think you need at least 2 days in a city to have any sort of nice experience there.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Aug 31 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Indeed, the itinerary looks good. Personally I would drop Chile but keep Bolivia. You can do Arequipa and Colca in 3 days. There's an awful lot of jungle in Peru, so which part are you going to? Keulap is considered cloud forest reegion. Did you come across this blog? It should help a little. http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...33900/tpod.html. Unless you are hiking, two days is enough for Huaraz. One day is enough for Nazca. If you have scheduled for two, then include the Ballestas Islands, the poor man's Galapagos, of the coast from Pisco, and Ica to do some sandboarding around Huacachina.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Sep 1 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Vagabond

Member No.: 30044

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Aug 31 2009, 11:07 PM) *

Indeed, the itinerary looks good. Personally I would drop Chile but keep Bolivia.

I agree - would rather be in Bolivia and cut Chile if it was my itinerary too.
And the sandboarding is so much fun!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
maljsy
post Sep 15 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 350721

Hi there,

I am also travelling on my own to Peru in October and am keen to do a 5-day tour of the Amazon Manu rainforest.

The tour needs a min of 2 people and I have been offered a discount price of $ 950 per person + jet plane (about $ 100 per person)+ $60 Manu Park entrance fee (as opposed to usual basic price of $1628 plus extras). This is the tour which includes a little mountain biking.

I am looking to do the tour departing Cusco on 22nd October and wondered if you wanted to join in too!

The weblink for details is http://www.manuperu.com/lodgecloud-five-1.html

Let me know if you're interested.

Kind regards,
maljsy

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
icainperutours
post Sep 24 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 375851

QUOTE(pelvis @ Aug 27 2009, 11:48 AM) *

hi, i'm travelling solo in peru in october, and was looking for anyone/group also there at that time.

i was going to book a couple of tours, as that is a good way to meet people and saves having to arrange stuff, but now thinking of doing a DIY plan as there is so much to see, and want to tailor it to my own desires.

i'm travelling alone as my wife is working and noone else can take the 3weeks or so out. also, i just came back from morocco traveling by myself, and it was a great way to meet new people (travelling with wife or friends, though we might talk to some people, i dont think you take the same time to get to know people)

the risk is that at times, it can be a little boring,despite the sights you are seeing, if you dont happen to hook up with people

my rough plan so far is;
lima - 2days
nazca - 2days
chile - 2days
arequipa - 4days
bolivia - 2days
cusco - 4days
huaraz - 3days
kuelap - 2days
jungle - 4days

this comes to 25days, which is prob a bit much for me, so i may try and cut it down. most likely to go are chile and bolivia, esp if there is nothing to see/do near the borders.

also interested in ideas/thoughts on the itinery if anyone has any comments, as this is just my initial draft.

look forward to hearing from you!

HELLO EVERYONE!
I SAW YOU WERE PLANNING TO GO AND VISIT ICA, NAZCA OR PARACAS, THE FAMOUSE BALLESTAS ISLAND...
OK, SO... I WRITE JUST TO RECOMEND MY AGENCY, WICH GIVES A REALLY GREAT SERVICE WITH EXCELLENT QUALITY AND THE PRIZES ARE REALLY CHEAPS!!!

FOR EXAMPLE!!!

TOUR IN ICA AND BALLESTAS ISLAND 2 DAYS 1 NIGHT
IS A TOUR WHERE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPORTUNITY TO VISIT THE HUACACHINA LAGOON IN ICA, THEN THE MEAN SQUARE, A TOWN WICH IS CALLED CACHICHE, ATRACTIVE, BECAUSE PEOPLE SAY THAT IN THE PAST EXISTED THE WITCHES THERE...
ALSO THERE IS AN INTERESTING PALM CALLED THE PALM OF 7 PALMS... IS ATRACTIVE BECAUSE OF ITS SHAPES AND OLDNESS....
AND TO FINISH THE CITY TOUR IN ICA YOU WILL GO TO THE WINERIES!!! 2 WINERIES WICH ARE ARTESANALS WHERE YOU WILL SEE HOW IS THE PROCESS OF MAKING THE WINE AND PISCO!!! , ALSO WILL HAVE THE OPORTUNITY TO TASTE THE PISCO AND PISCO SOUR, WINE, CACHINA ETC...
THEN WE BRING YOU TO THE HOTEL
NEXT DAY IN THE MORNING WE BRING YOU TO PARACAS TO HAVE A NICE TRIP IN BALLESTAS ISLAND!!! IS A TRIP OF 2 HOURS IN THE SEA WHERE YOU WILL SEE PINGUINS, SEA LIONS, BIRDS A LOT OF ANIMALS! AND WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE PICS AND RECORD VIDEOS!!!

ONLY PER $60.00 PER PERSON!!!!

THE TRIP INCLUDES THE TOURS THAT I HAVE TOLD BEFORE, ONE NIGHT IN A HOTEL 2* NEAR TO THE MEAN SQUERE IN ICA, BREAKFAST, TOUR GUIDE, CAR FOR THE TRIPS!!!

DONT LOSE THE OPORTUNITY OF DOING THIS GREAT TRIP!

CONTACT ME THRU E MAIL OR WEB SIDE.

ICA IN PERU TOURS
http://www.wix.com/IcaInPeruTours/ICA-in-PERU-tours
ICAINPERU_TOURS@HOTMAIL.COM

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Sep 24 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #7

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

Goodness, that looks like a good deal, a two day one night trip for just US$ 60.00. Nevertheless I do wonder why they mention that the prizes they award are really cheap. At least they are honest!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:39 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Peru

Abancay Hotels
Aguas Calientes Hotels
Arequipa Hotels
Ayacucho Hotels
Cabanaconde Hotels
Cajamarca Hotels
Chachapoyas Hotels
Chiclayo Hotels
Chincha Hotels
Chiquian Hotels
Chivay Hotels
Colca Canyon Hotels
Cusco Hotels
Huacachina Hotels
Huancayo Hotels
Huanchaco Hotels
Huaraz Hotels
Ica Hotels
Ilo Hotels
Iquitos Hotels
Juliaca Hotels
Lima Hotels
Machu Picchu Hotels
Mancora Hotels
Nasca Hotels
Ollantaytambo Hotels
Paracas Hotels
Pisac Hotels
Pisco Hotels
Piura Hotels
Pucallpa Hotels
Puerto Maldonado Hotels
Puno Hotels
Punta Hermosa Hotels
Tarapoto Hotels
Tarma Hotels
Trujillo Hotels
Tumbes Hotels
Urubamba Hotels
Yucay Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.