Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Constructive criticism
jakobahman
post Jan 12 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3236763

Hi!

I've been a user of travelpod for over 3 months now, while travelling through Central America. And although I think it is a lovely service, there are a few things that me and my readers(friends and family) have been a bit annoyed by.

So just to be a good sport, here are some things I think travelpod could do better to become an even more awesome service:

- Photos. Please don't screw with the quality/size of the photos uploaded. And why resize the photos to fit a fixed width? Please use a more dynamic and lighter viewer with less clutter. Try uploading a panorama and you'll see what i mean. I wouldn't have noticed this if my mom wouldn't have told me she couldn't see my photos because they where too tiny... Photos are important to travellers, this should be a high priority.

- Alignment of photos. It's almost impossible for me to get my photos to fit in a blog post where I actually want them. I'd much rather use simple html to insert my photos than try to figure out where the picture ends up with the current "align left/right". I saw someone requesting an option to wrap text around images, kinda like how you do it in MS Word. That wouldn't be a bad idea. And why dump all the photos at the bottom of a blog post when I don't feel like writing an essay every day? Sometimes I want to make a post where the photos do most of the talking. A picture says more than a thousand words? smile.gif Also, friends have told me they've missed photos I've uploaded if they aren't in the bread of my posts. I'm guessing my readers aren't unique in not being very attentive?

- Sharing by email. Why do I have to write a personalized email every time I'm done with a post? The ones who opted to follow my blog should just get an email saying "X just updated his blog". Since I manually have to send it, it feels like I'm spamming when I blog too frequently. This is especially true since I can put anyone on my list without their acknowledgment. At least give me an option to change the default message, I don't wish that everyone I know "was here".

- Statistics. Blogging without feedback is like talking when noone is listening. Anyone I know who has a website wants to know everything they can about their visitors. I'm guessing you are not totally clueless about who visits travelpod? Well, we are the same, so please give us more detailed statistics!

- The map. Arguably the single best feature on travelpod, and my readers absolutely love it(and me too!). Please just fix so the minmap shows the same thing as the one in the posts. It's not the biggest thing, but it have been bugging me since day 1.

- Mobile devices. I travel only with a tablet pc, and sometimes updating, uploading or just surfing the website is a pain in the ass. An app(android please smile.gif), or just some kind of mobile version would help a lot!

Well I guess that is it, I hope I don't come of as a total prick. The service you got here is good, and none of the points above is a ballbreaker(well the first one about photos was a close one for me, but im too lazy to get a WordPress blog going while I'm on the road).

Edit: ah, I forgot one point: Please make imbedding of YouTube videos possible!

Cheers,

Jakob
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 12 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Thanks for the great feedback, I will make sure it reaches our developers.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:20 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.