Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> north or south island, how to choose
audiofleur
post Aug 17 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 296259
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello, i am brand new to this site so havent had a chance to read all the info but intend to do so soon. My adult daughters and i are coming to New Zealand in January or February as I won money from to take a trip to New Zealand but it is up to me to make arrangements. We only have time off work for two to three weeks. We need to relax and dont want to try to do everything. I was thinking that the south island might be more like Canada with mountains, icefields, so thought we should focus on North but then maybe we would be missing the typical nature and marinelife that one would see more of in South. We are not sports enthusiasists, nor into camping/campers just want to enjoy the countryside, culture, food and wine of course and whatever unique experiences NZ has to offer to provide us with a memorable and much needed vacation. We also want to pamper ourselves seeing that we are not footing the bill. So what do you recommend North or South NZ and what should we do and see to make this a special two to three weeks and what tourist traps/disappointments to avoid. Merci beaucoup (:
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Aug 18 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Interesting question... It sounds like a job for super Ron (the NZ Local Expert)

In the meantime, check out some blogs and see what other people have done:

http://www.travelpod.com/blogs/0/New%20Zealand.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nztravelguide
post Aug 18 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 72601

QUOTE(audiofleur @ Aug 17 2009, 10:00 PM) *

Hello, i am brand new to this site so havent had a chance to read all the info but intend to do so soon. My adult daughters and i are coming to New Zealand in January or February as I won money from to take a trip to New Zealand but it is up to me to make arrangements. We only have time off work for two to three weeks. We need to relax and dont want to try to do everything. I was thinking that the south island might be more like Canada with mountains, icefields, so thought we should focus on North but then maybe we would be missing the typical nature and marinelife that one would see more of in South. We are not sports enthusiasists, nor into camping/campers just want to enjoy the countryside, culture, food and wine of course and whatever unique experiences NZ has to offer to provide us with a memorable and much needed vacation. We also want to pamper ourselves seeing that we are not footing the bill. So what do you recommend North or South NZ and what should we do and see to make this a special two to three weeks and what tourist traps/disappointments to avoid. Merci beaucoup (:

First congratulations on your win...........
Try to make it three weeks if possible......
Too much to answer here but...................
I think you would enjoy both islands and I can prepare you an itinerary to encompass all you can experience with no difficulty...........
I have a questionnaire on my website that you can fill out and send me so I will know exactly what you like and enjoy so i can create a real personal itinerary for you....
By the way the itinerary is free...............................

get questionnaire here..............
New Zealand Travel Guide
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:23 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in New Zealand

Akaroa Hotels
Arrowtown Hotels
Auckland Hotels
Blenheim Hotels
Christchurch Hotels
Coromandel Hotels
Dunedin Hotels
Fox Glacier Hotels
Franz Josef Hotels
Gisborne Hotels
Greymouth Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Hanmer Springs Hotels
Hastings Hotels
Hokitika Hotels
Invercargill Hotels
Kaikoura Hotels
Kerikeri Hotels
Lake Tekapo Hotels
Mangere Hotels
Napier Hotels
Nelson Hotels
New Plymouth Hotels
Oamaru Hotels
Paihia Hotels
Palmerston North Hotels
Picton Hotels
Queenstown Hotels
Rotorua Hotels
Russell Hotels
Taupo Hotels
Tauranga Hotels
Te Anau Hotels
Timaru Hotels
Waiheke Island Hotels
Wanaka Hotels
Wanganui Hotels
Wellington Hotels
Whangarei Hotels
Whitianga Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.