Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Cusco to Bolivia(after Machu Pichu)
abhinav1323
post Jan 8 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3506043

Hi everyone,

I have been reading through the various posts here on Travel Pod and have found them immensely helpful. I hope some of you may be able to help me plan my trip to Bolivia smile.gif.

I will be doing the 5D/4N hike to Machu Pichu along with a group of friends at work. We will be done with MP by June 1st. Some of us will be doing an extended trip to Bolivia and this is where i need some help.

We have to be back in Lima, Peru on January 8th, to catch our flight at 4.25 AM smile.gif. So basically, we have 7 days to explore Bolivia(and something else if possible). Can you guys please help me in finalizing my itinerary in Bolivia. I would like to visit Lake Titicaca(heard that Puno is not a good place for viewing Lake Titicaca?), La Paz, Sucre and the Salt Flat islands at Uyuni. Here are my questions:

1) Is this too much to plan for in 7 days?

2) We were thinking of renting a car and driving down to all the locations? Is this advisable? Or should we plan to travel to places by bus?

3) Which route would you recommend we take?

4) What kind of things should we plan to do in Lake Titicaca? I have read about the boat ride to the floating islands, catamaran cruises? Anything else you would recommend?

5) Is it possible to take just a 2D tour of the Salt Flat lands in Uyuni?

I am still new in my research about these things but would really appreciate if I can get some help from the experts! Thanks a bunch and happy new year to all!!

Cheers,
Abhinav
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 02:21 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Bolivia

Bermejo Hotels
Calama Hotels
Caranavi Hotels
Cobija Hotels
Cochabamba Hotels
Comarapa Hotels
Concepcion Hotels
Copacabana Hotels
Coroico Hotels
Huatajata Hotels
Isla del Sol Hotels
La Paz Hotels
Laguna Colorada Hotels
Oruro Hotels
Potosi Hotels
Puerto Quijarro Hotels
Puerto Suarez Hotels
Quime Hotels
Reyes Hotels
Robore Hotels
Rurrenabaque Hotels
Sabaya Hotels
Samaipata Hotels
San Ignacio de Velasco Hotels
San Jose de Chiquitos Hotels
San Miguel Hotels
Santa Cruz Hotels
Sorata Hotels
Sucre Hotels
Tahua Hotels
Tarija Hotels
Tomarapi Hotels
Trinidad Hotels
Tupiza Hotels
Urmiri Hotels
Uyuni Hotels
Vallegrande Hotels
Villamontes Hotels
Yacuiba Hotels
Yolosa Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.