Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10 Days in South Africa, Quick Tour
dbroo
post Aug 5 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 293027
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My wife and I spent 10 great days in South Africa. We started out at Africa Sky guest house on the outskirts of Johannesburg. Since we were only spending the night, we decided it was easier to stay by the airport. Africa Sky was great. Excellent food and a wonderful room.

We spent the next six days at an orphanage just outside of East London. It's an amazing place called Open Arms Home for Children. You can watch a video we made about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ukyjo03PA

On the way out we stopped in Cape Town for a few days. We stayed at 51 on Camps Bay. Wonderful place and a killer location. It was just a short walk up from the beach. We saw one of the most magnificant sunsets ever from the rocks. Each night we ate at a different restaurant and they were all very reasonably priced. I don't think we ever spent more than $25 for both of us. We enjoyed the Red Bus. It took us all over. We especially enjoyed a trip to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was kept as a prisoner. We spent the last day at the Groot Constantia winery. I don't drink and it was still a nice place to visit.

We rented a car in Cape Town, but we could have gotten by without it. We used the Red Bus to get around. We really only used the car the last day to tour the winery and leave for the airport. on the other hand, driving on the right hand side was an adventure!

And just for the record, we hated Bird World.

Overall, it was a great trip.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nixsboys
post Aug 10 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Globetrotter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 80958

Sounds like a great trip. But I did wonder why Bird World?? smile.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:04 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.