Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Moved to Columbus, What is there besides the Buckeyes
Dan Dorion
post Sep 25 2003, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Just moved to Columbus, Ohio,

I have visited a replica of the Santa Maria (Chritopher Columbus' Ship). Looking for other things to do in the area. I plan on visiting the Motorcycle Museam

I want to learn the American Culture and specifically OHIO.

Anybody have any suggestions

biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
zzz_dyomides
post Sep 25 2003, 01:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10
Nominate me as a Local Expert

What in God's name are you doing down there?

Hope all is well Dan, it's Ced.

D
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bradleyt
post Nov 12 2003, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 26

Isn't the very first-ever Wendy's fast food restaurant located in Columbus?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Adrienne
post Aug 10 2004, 07:46 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

I just moved to columbus from TX. Any cool suggestions on how my hubby and I can meet people?
+Quote Post
karen
post Jul 19 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

About one and one half hours south east of columbus is hocking hills state park and the related caves in the area. you need to head out of columbus on rt 33 and start looking for signs to old mans cave, Ash Cave, Rock House and Cantwell Cliffs etc. This time of year will be crowded but during the week should be slower, if not wait until october.

pull them up on the web, there are tons of cabins in the woods with hot tubs and fireplaces, horseback riding in the mtns, mom and pop restaurants and camping.

also you are not far from the best whitewater rafting in this part of the usa. come sept and october the white water in west virginia at the gauley is class IV and V all the way. http://www.rivermen.com/ you are only 5 hours or so from that but book early as there are only 10 days or so when they release water from the dams.

columbus has a great market not far from the downtown donvention center and of course the little shops around that area are great. very individual.

you have the newport for intimate music across from the university on high, and polaris amphitheater for outside concerts.

you have the big darby http://www.bigdarby.org/ in columbus, one of the top rivers in not only the state but eastern us. they have a canoe trip this weekend. it is on the natures conservancy spotlight.

lots of great restaurants. theaters too. lion king was there recently. ohio state fari starts in august. look up columbus city on web for this all...........
+Quote Post
smalltowntravel
post Mar 12 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 271167

Columbus has a link to bike trails going in several directions. It is possible to ride from Columbus to Cincinnati without being on roads for long. The trail system was built on old railroad tracks and is for bikes and pedestrians only.

Also visit the Short North district downtown for arts, shopping and dining.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
smalltowntravel
post Mar 13 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #7

Wanderer

Member No.: 271167

QUOTE(2olives @ Mar 12 2009, 01:59 PM) *

Head West on I70, South on 68 and land in the fun, quaint village of Yellow Springs. It's an artistic/free-thinking/eco-conscious/super laid back town with a ton of fun people, places, and things to explore. There is a family owned dairy with an ice cream shop just outside of town. there is a beautiful park for hiking, biking, and quiet contemplation. I loved this little town!
http://www.yellowspringsohio.org/

You can see more of Yellow Springs before you go.SmallTownGems

The station for a stop on the Little Miami Rails to Trails between Cincinnati and Springfield is here - the old train station. Just a few miles away in Clifton - be sure to see the working mill and take a hike at Clifton George.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:35 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.