Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thai Intro
luce88
post Jul 30 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 291256
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hey smile.gif

Im going to thailand on 29th Jan 2010 with Thai Intro.

Has anyone been with this company before and who is going??

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
razorsedge
post Jul 30 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 288266

thaiintro is a low budget backpackers travel tour .I have never heard any thing bad but be prepred to do it rough .But it is the best way to see thailand.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jul 30 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Really? The 'best way'? The 'BEST' way to see Thailand?!

Well here's a modest suggestion:

How about saving yourself a s*** load of money and just simply experiencing Thailand as it is, for yourself? That way you'll actually get a 'real experience', an experience you'll actually be able to talk of 'truthfully' about afterwards (if that's what you want of course) and obviously, by doing things real in this way you'll get to do far more than you could possibly have bargained for by 'not' subscribing to the people that are only there to take your money. Unless of course, you're happy to pay some invisible person an extortionate fee for telling you how it is and what to do??

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jul 30 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Welcome to the forums Luce and Razor. Looking forward to sharing your input.. thumbsup.png

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
razorsedge
post Aug 1 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #5

Drifter

I am going to patong in sep with 4 mates and they want to go on some tours.I think it is much better to get a taxi for the day. rather than be waiting for the mini bus out side of the hotel.patong is not my idear of a perfect trip but with 4 first timers it will open there eyes.then i am takeing them to rayong . my wifes famiely lives ther on a pineappale farm .Not one person speaks english but the beer is very cheap and ther is lots to see.Than back to bangkok see the grand finale next day on the train to panang .One week there and fly home shoujd be a rippsnorter of a trip.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
vipdistinct
post Aug 5 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 288666

Interesting you guys are suggesting not using a tour group... I think your right, it sounds like more fun anyways when you do it all on your own. But that's just my option.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
barsie
post Aug 10 2009, 04:09 AM
Post #7

Globetrotter

Member No.: 195337

Do it yourself- no need for a tour. Part of fun is planning a trip. So just do some research, buy book and just do what you feel like when you are there.

--------------------
Would be life traveler.

Visit BackPackingShop
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bilbostuff
post Aug 15 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 295539

QUOTE(razorsedge @ Jul 30 2009, 06:58 AM) *

thaiintro is a low budget backpackers travel tour .I have never heard any thing bad but be prepred to do it rough .But it is the best way to see thailand.

I have to say I agree with ScottWoz he is 100 percent correct. I have been over there and I am guessing I would have missed a lot more...and spent a lot more...Even a "Low Budget" travel tour has to cost something, and I am willing to bet you can do whatever they do for nothing...and even cheaper......
Plus there is an added incentive of comming out of the whole experience with something that really cannot be placed in writing...however it is defintity an extreme sense of accomplishment...

Anyway you do it...You will indeed love it! Have a good trip...I will be over in September..
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
razorsedge
post Aug 15 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #9

Drifter

my tours are never planed i hate haveing to get up at a certen time to leave the inn to get the boat or bus. sometimes i plan a trip that night get up then i want ther are always a taxi or bus speed boat around if it is late in the day stay over night.every thing is ther for YOU.it is your holiday not the tour guides. it is also nice to have a thai girl around if she is from around ther have her take you around where she grew up her family farm or home. this is not looked downby the family you will have a ball plus so will they.trust me that is what i did 20 years ago now i have a thai wife 2 kids 1 grandson and one very large family in thailand.i hope this is not what you want to here but that is my story not yours.get out ther and injoy.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bilbostuff
post Aug 16 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 295539

QUOTE(razorsedge @ Aug 15 2009, 09:38 AM) *

my tours are never planed i hate haveing to get up at a certen time to leave the inn to get the boat or bus. sometimes i plan a trip that night get up then i want ther are always a taxi or bus speed boat around if it is late in the day stay over night.every thing is ther for YOU.it is your holiday not the tour guides. it is also nice to have a thai girl around if she is from around ther have her take you around where she grew up her family farm or home. this is not looked downby the family you will have a ball plus so will they.trust me that is what i did 20 years ago now i have a thai wife 2 kids 1 grandson and one very large family in thailand.i hope this is not what you want to here but that is my story not yours.get out ther and injoy.

Agreed, having the Thai Girl not only helps you see things you might not see..(indepth look at the Culture)...BUT...your prices will also suddenly go down for many things. Cigarettes will drop by 20 baht, lighters 10 baht, just about EVERYTHING...it is like walking around with a coupon for everything..wink.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Sep 3 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #11

Navigator

Member No.: 98

I've been a tour leader - so I'll be more lenient on your choice.

Sometimes going with a tour (SOMETIMES) it means you can get around and see more and get more of an understanding than if you went yourself. You can get introduced to things locals know about and that you may have never found yourself.

If you are particularly un-confident about your first trip, it may be a good way to introduce yourself to travelling.

BUT, having said all that - Thailand is one of the easiest places to travel. There is lots of information available, lots of signs in English, lots of friendly people, ...

It is really easy to travel in Thailand by yourself. And perhaps a lot easier to connect with local people if you are not in an organised group on an organised schedule. You can make your own plans and schedule and use your time as you choose.

So either way. Personally, I'd do it yourself. But if you are really concerned and want to start with a tour - go for it. That company - I have no idea about. Sorry.

Good luck and have fun.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
razorsedge
post Sep 4 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #12

Drifter

not to sure what post 12 is about but thanks for the history lesson.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:44 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.