Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tips to Croatia
alessandracosme
post Jul 29 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 291385
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello All,

We are going to Croatia ( 2 people) in the end of september and will arrive in Zagreb by plane.
After Zagreb we intend to go to Plitvice Park and at the same day to Split. Is there an organized tour for this trip or we can go by bus? where we can book it?
After Split we would like to go to Brac, Hvar, Korcula and Dubrovnik and spend one day in Mljet.
We are not sure how is the best way to do this trip, spend one day in Split and go by ferry from island to island or go the island for one day and come back to Split and then go to dubrovnik.
If someone has some tip about the best way to organize it or even give other suggestions of places to visit! or hotels to stay!! all the tips will be very welcome.
We will have 8 days and a 1/2 in Croatia.
It seems a wonderfull country.

Thanks a lot!!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 30 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

I don't think you would need to book an organized tour. I think you would find all that you need to know about getting around between cities in Croatia here:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Croatia#Get_around

But make sure you check out other travel blogs too, some people have hitchhiked and hopped on boats etc. etc. etc.

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-count...oatia/tpod.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sianeth
post Jul 30 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Jet Setter

Member No.: 60100

Hi there,

First of all Croatia is beautiful - you'll love it! I was there last summer with my parents and we hired a car for 7 days and drove first to Sarajevo from Zagreb, then to Dubrovnik, Split and then Plitvice before heading back to Zagreb. The Croatian roads are incredibly easy to navigate and there's virtually no traffic - if you have a valid driving licence then I'd suggest this would be the best option to take, especially given the number of places you want to visit.

I would also say there's more to see/do in Dubrovnik than Split, and Dubrovnik is an absolute must - so perhaps the option of of a day trip to the islands and then heading down seperately to Dubrovnik would be the best.

Instead of staying in a hotel, in Dubrovnik we hired an apartment for a couple of days which again was very easy to do, and at a similar price with greater availability I'd be tempted to say that this is something you might want to look into.

Take a look at a couple of my blog entries if you want pictures/more info:

Dubrovnik
Plitvice

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 30 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Wow you guys! Great information, what an awesome team we are. I think alessandra will be very happy with that.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
soltech
post Jul 26 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4092203

Few days ago we came back from croatia. We stayed near Rijeka in Opatija. That was an amazing place.
My tip would be this
If you come by plane than you'd need to rent a car cause then you'll have a chance to see how beautiful that country is.
Another tip might help you that in this county we had no problems paying with credit card. Though you need to have some cash to pay for parking.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aschmidt88
post Jul 31 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4081473

That's a great amount of time to spend in Croatia - I would recommend spending as much time possible in the south of the country. There's plenty of islands to explore smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 05:02 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.