Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> California Coast Road, Good places to get Sea Food to eat
Spooky J.
post Aug 9 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

We plan on a trip to California { Coast road }in the fall , And would like to know of a few places to get some GOOD Sea food .

Will also be spending some time at lake Tahoe , suggestions on things to see there would help , This is our first trip to these two areas .

Thanks .
Spooky J.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gringoloco
post Aug 9 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 10593
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I have driven the California coast so many times I am ashamed to mention it.

One you get north of LA on 101, just zoom to San Luis Obispo. In SLO town is the cuttoff/junction to Highway 1, the most spectacular stretch of road I have ever been on. It goes thru "the big sur". Hearst castle is on Hwy 1, someone else mentioned this. That is just outside of San Simeon, where you should get a room and do the castle first thing in the morning. The room and the castle are both costly, but Hearst Castle is a truly special destination. Not only does it show just how decadent one man with unlimited funds can be, the views are fantastic.
Highway one begins to get truly beautiful going north now. The granite cliffs with ths road precariously hanging onto them provide vistas unparralled. Take your time, no use driving fast, because you will just run into the next winnebago, and they go really slow anyway.

The best place to eat on the entire coast is Lucia Lodge. The food aint bad, but what you are there for is to enjoy the view. Lucia sits on a point facing south. You get incredible sun, and you are a good 400 feet above the ocean. When you get there, ask for the waiter named John, tell him the gringoloco sent you. He and I drove from there to Costa Rica together, needless to say we are buds.

Enjoy my favorite spot on earth, BIG SUR!

If yu want to her about a great wine tour route to take in Sonoma County, write back!
Have fun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Spooky J
post Aug 11 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

Gringoloco ;
The Hearst Castle sound interesting , But won't be staying over night { cost } , Hope they have a tour that can be taken .
We might even try the Lucia Lodge for a meal , we will mention your name , That's if the food is no good LOL , As to the wine , we might give it a try , I know the women will .

Thanks for the info .

Spooky J.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 01:56 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.