Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spain - where is the best?
andyj1980
post Jul 26 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 290410

I'm trying to find out where in Spain is the best place to visit, have a holiday in October and want to try my Spanish language, and also trying to build my own website http://www.dreamingthedayaway.com/spain.htm
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Jul 26 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30044

Hi Andy,
Your website is all about Spain...so where did you get all that info from already? Just seems strange that you're asking us where is best to go, when that's what your website is designed to do? Or is your October holiday to fill in some blanks? Do you speak Catalan too?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
semi-backpacker
post Jul 28 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Planet Pioneer

From: Hanging out with saguaro cactus in the Arizona desert
Member No.: 82730

Andy,
I agree with Kathryn. Very strange.

John,
My favorite place is Barcelona...such a beautiful city and so much to do!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathryn77
post Jul 28 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Vagabond

Member No.: 30044

I LOVE Barcelona - I was there just in February, and it is stunning, and like Judy said, loads to do smile.gif Are you planning a trip John?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sianeth
post Jul 29 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #5

Jet Setter

Member No.: 60100

Yes! Barcelona and the Costa Brava... beautiful thumbsup.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lifestylebcn
post Sep 17 2009, 05:00 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 314961

QUOTE(kathryn77 @ Jul 28 2009, 06:07 PM) *

I LOVE Barcelona - I was there just in February, and it is stunning, and like Judy said, loads to do smile.gif Are you planning a trip John?

Barcelona is lovely and a lot of students too!! There is a lot to do, shopping, fun activities such as sailing etc very cheap and the food is great!! I should go for barca cuz its a big city!

Lifestyle Barcelona

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mrtarrentino
post Oct 2 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 398411

yeah kathryn....barcelona is tops also in my book...ive been 3 times last 18mths..stayed in catalonia princessa hotel just 5min walk to las ramblas..went to see barcelona play at the nu camp...and have visited much of barcelona sites..........tc...danny...n.ireland
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pwong
post Oct 5 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #8

Wanderer

Member No.: 2498

This is an almost impossible question to answer, Spain offers so much! My favourites are, in no particular order:
  • Barcelona - vibrant and dynamic, with influences from all over the world
  • San Sebastian - incredible Basque pintxos (tapas), very cosmopolitan, beautiful beaches when sunny, festivals almost every weekend in the summer
  • Santander - beautiful beaches in the summer, bustling, beautiful oceanfront promenades, well located for good daytrips. Greener and lusher than you would expect from Spain.
  • Santiago de Compostela - incredible cathedral that is the end point of the Saint James pilgrimage, the entire city exudes a certain magic and energy
  • La Coruna - also located in Galicia like Santiago, the highlight is the incredibly friendly people here. There are beaches, but the sand is a bit like gravel and the water is cold, but it boasts some of the most stunning, rocky coastline you could imagine.
  • Toledo - beautiful and magical (especially at night) little medieval town. Most day trip from Madrid, but it's worth spending a night.
  • Valencia - incredible architecture in the city of arts and sciences, like something out of Star Trek
  • Granada - the vision of Spain that everyone has in their mind, desert landscapes with Moorish architecture
  • The incredibly beautiful Spanish women - I was wrong above, this is without a doubt the best part of Spain for me!

Over the years, I've found that experiences in Spain become more rewarding and memorable if you can pick up some of the language and converse with locals. Almost every city in Spain has an incredible buzz at night, from earlier in the evening when locals take a paseo (walk), to when the restaurants begin to close up (midnight), to when the bars/clubs go until dawn.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
warm
post Dec 3 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 35658

My vote would go for Asturias every time but in October, I'd be tempted to head South for a bit of warmth and probably spend time in Andalucia where the climate and the fabulous cities of Seville, Granada and Cordoba provide Moorish richness to the Spanish experience.

Andy

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:47 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.