Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Never ever, impresion about Mediteraneo hotel in Hersonissos
emilianmanda
post Jul 19 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 288541

In this hotel my family and another 3 foreign family were attacked by thief's over the last night just few hours to go home, I was more than disappointing about the security in this place, about the reaction of the authorities and also the attitude of the hotel manager. The police has no reaction and the hotel manager doesn't want to get in contact with me when I informed about the theft , latter one when I succeed to get his e-mail address he went to the Police Station to report and this was at 19.15hrs but he was informed at 05.00hrs now you get your conclusion. I strongly believe that the raid was organized with somebody from the hotel and the thief's used a narcotic gas and a fake key to make the entry. My advice ...do not go in Greece especially in the place I m talking about you will have no security and nobody will care about you, the tourism agencies are selling just stories from the books in this case.
Respect
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jul 20 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

I am so sorry to hear what happened.
I can understand how you feel, you are really angry and disappointed.
And you forgot to mention the hotel or the area you stayed at.
Do so please, so that others will know.
I am looking forward for a reply. I am really curious because these things don't usually happen in Greece.
Please answer back mentioning details of how it happened and what you lost.
Were you robbed in the premises of the hotel? Because if you were out, the hotel is not to blame.

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emilianmanda
post Jul 20 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Jul 20 2009, 07:33 AM) *

I am so sorry to hear what happened.
I can understand how you feel, you are really angry and disappointed.
And you forgot to mention the hotel or the area you stayed at.
Do so please, so that others will know.
I am looking forward for a reply. I am really curious because these things don't usually happen in Greece.
Please answer back mentioning details of how it happened and what you lost.
Were you robbed in the premises of the hotel? Because if you were out, the hotel is not to blame.

The hotel is named Mediteranneo situated in Crete, near Hersonissos city, I have been sleeping in my hotel room over that night when the theft was happened I don't know how the thief's entered in my room because bought doors were closed before to go in bed. In this case can you tell me what the hotel should do and how I can recuperate my prejudice???
Thank you for reply and respectfully submitted.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jul 21 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

You mention that you were sleeping in your room when the incident happened. How can you prove to the hotel that it really happened if you, who are supposed to be in the room did not see anything?

Probably this is the reason they responded like that.
I am so sorry indeed. And what did they get from you that night? Just out of curiosity!

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emilianmanda
post Jul 21 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #5

[

I repeat, not only me was in the same situation in that night we were 4 rooms , nobody feel nothing, we belong from different countries so there is no reason to think is a fake complain in order to get something,beside of that if I paid for services of 4 star hotels I should have 4 star hotel services not such bad situation, I can prove that I had money and what was stolen from me, I m a moral person with a public position in my society not an opportunist who is trying to get advantages sorry but I feel no comfortable when you try to make investigation on me,please no offense but let the in charge persons to do it , I m waiting and I m ready for this kind of lawyer questions.
I notice that you don't believe my story maybe you have your reasons to do it but I can certify and prove all the facts I mentioned here.
I really would appreciate if I will get the answer in order to know how much is responsible the hotel for the things that were happened inside.
In the end of this I want to be clear I m not blaming the Greek people I don't put a label on them just because of this situation, all countries and societies have them criminals, I just point the finger on the responsible persons for that fact and those whom should take steps to help not to act delaying unnecessary.
Best regards and thank you a lot for your concerning
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
azreal
post Jul 21 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #6

Expeditionist

Member No.: 289202

Some countries the police only react when you bribe them.... I think you should try a bribe with these so called police and If that doesnt work... Become a Vigilante and start wearing a mask
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emilianmanda
post Jul 21 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Sorry but i still believe in the law and this is a very sensitive fact, is easy to think like that at the first moment , but is not a normal way to solve the problems, I still have the thrust in Police and national laws. As I said before just few persons are responsible not all the world.
Thank you very much for replay and your time.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
azreal
post Jul 21 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #8

Expeditionist

Member No.: 289202

In the words of Rage Against the Machine.

"some of those who work forces, are the same that burn crosses"
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jul 22 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #9

Rolling Stone

I am sorry that you were with the impression that I did not believe you.Neither did I thought that you were an oportunist or trying to investigate something.
And when I first responded asking for the hotel's name,and the place, it was because I answered back without going to the forums to see that the name of the hotel was writen already there. I just answer from the e mail box I have without going to the forums.
It is indeed sad, and please inform us what the result of this is - if you wish ofcourse.

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emilianmanda
post Jul 22 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #10

Thank you for interest and real cooperation maybe it was a misunderstanding from my side, nothing personal and I guess that speaking with people around maybe useful. Still wait a answer concerning the level of responsibility of the hotel management staff, if you know this please inform me .
Best regards
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emilianmanda
post Aug 6 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #11

Hello , here I come again with some news about my bad experience in Mediteraneo Hotel /Hersonissos in Crete island; after all of my efforts to get in contact with the in charge authorities I can say that I succeed to make the local Police to start a investigation but till now no results. I still keep mailing with the manager of the hotel but the above person is looking to take himself out of any charge. If there are persons whom had the same experience please get in contact with me.
best regards
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:59 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.