1. WHALE WATCHING - Board one of the whale watching vessels for a high speed cruise out to sea to get up close to the whales.
2. PEREGRINE ALCONS - Travel to the Precipice parking lot along the park loop road, by car or the free shuttle bus, between 9am and noon where a ranger will be on hand to answer questions about these fabulous birds and help you get a glimpse of them as they dive off the towering cliffs above.
3. THE CAT - Catch this high speed ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth, Canada and enjoy fine dining or do some gambling in their on board casino.
4. SEA KAYAKING - Join a sea kayaking tour as you take in such sights as seals, porpoises, eagles, osprey, and other wildlife.
5. SIGHTSEEING FLIGHTS - Take a ride in a two passenger biplane or in a two passenger glider as you soar over the small villages and Acadia National Park.
6. [b]CRITERION THEATRE AND ARTS CENTER - Take a tour of this historic 1932 art deco theatre, or catch a play or live concert, or just take in a movie, its all there.
7. CADILLAC MOUNTAIN - Drive to the summit, or better yet, hike to the summit along the highly reccomended North Ridge Trail. It's 3.5 miles to the summitat 1,530 feet for spectacular 360 degree views.
8. SAND BEACH/THUNDER HOLE[b] - no trip here is complete without a visit to these two sites. Both can be reached by car or the free shuttle bus. They are within a few minutes walk of each other along the park loop road.
9. MARGARET TODD - Take a two hour cruise aboard this historic four mast schooner as you take in such sights as lighthouses, fishing villages, mountains, mansions, and local lobstermen hauling their traps.
10. OLD FASHION SODA FOUNTAIN - Located in the West End Drug Store on Main street, it is one of only a few remaining.
11. KEBO GOLF COURSE - Located on route 233 on the edge of town, this challenging 18 hole course hs some of the most spectacular senic views you will find on a golf course. Towering mountains rise up around it as babbling brooks and streams wind through it.
12. OLI'S TROLLEY - Board a real trolley for a two and a half hour narrated tour of historic Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. They even take you to the top of Cadillac mountain.