Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home Place Guest House Chiang Mai is awful with fleas, bed bugs, mild vomit odor & rude staff!!!, Mosquitoe infested, toilet overflowing, rude staff, loud party
melaniebluesky
post Oct 22 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1850671

The Home Place Guest House Chiang Mai is infested with fleas. They show you the room and at a first look it seems fine, right? It's only when you try resting on the bed after a long day of travel that the fleas get stirred up!! And they really chewed on me. I was scratching the bloody flea bites and putting on lotion to try and ease the discomfort for days afterward.

The room was dirty. There were still potato chip crumbs, seven empty Chang bottles next to the bed, and two used pizza boxes under the TV. Even the garbage can was still full!

So, the fermented beer smell, combined with the greasy odor of old pizza, and rotting banana peels in the garbage can was disgusting. It was really gross.

There were really noisy, inconsiderate people partying all night down the hallway, so getting any sleep was impossible.

The toilet was clogged. I asked if it could be fixed, but the staff were really rude. They said they were too busy to try and help, but they were just sitting there doing nothing!!

The Home Place Guest House Chiang Mai in Thapae Gate is a terrible place to stay.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
koonel
post Oct 22 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

QUOTE(melaniebluesky @ Oct 22 2012, 05:57 PM) *

The Home Place Guest House Chiang Mai is infested with fleas. They show you the room and at a first look it seems fine, right? It's only when you try resting on the bed after a long day of travel that the fleas get stirred up!! And they really chewed on me. I was scratching the bloody flea bites and putting on lotion to try and ease the discomfort for days afterward.

The room was dirty. There were still potato chip crumbs, seven empty Chang bottles next to the bed, and two used pizza boxes under the TV. Even the garbage can was still full!

So, the fermented beer smell, combined with the greasy odor of old pizza, and rotting banana peels in the garbage can was disgusting. It was really gross.

There were really noisy, inconsiderate people partying all night down the hallway, so getting any sleep was impossible.

The toilet was clogged. I asked if it could be fixed, but the staff were really rude. They said they were too busy to try and help, but they were just sitting there doing nothing!!

The Home Place Guest House Chiang Mai in Thapae Gate is a terrible place to stay.

Always try to look first especially if it is a cheap place! Try to look at more than one room so you can have a choice.

Don't like the place - don't return!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jackiectheworld
post Oct 23 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2596593

You got lots of fleas and a mild VOMIT odor in your room? That's terrible. The Home Place Guest House in Chiang Mai really IS that awful. When I stayed at the Home Place Guest House there was metallic smelling, brown water running from the shower, so I couldn't wash off. I was soooo hot and sweaty and... no shower!! ARGGGG.

The same disgusting water was running in the sink, too, so I had to brush my teeth with bottled water!

If your still looking for an inexpensive guest house that's nicer(like it could be any worse), then try the Tawan Guest House in the same soi. Cheers.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:54 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.