Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So yer Canadian, EH?, Question of the Month
uncle_davros
post Sep 17 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #81

Planet Pioneer

Group: Members
Member No.: 226
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Haha..i loved scrolling down through those last quoted posts and seeing over and over ¨jessica is right¨. haha.

Can you explain to me where everyone is saying Jessica is right. I think you are living in Fantasia at present.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Sep 17 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #82

Commuter

Member No.: 519

haha....it´s in all the quoted text...Carmella said it once and then you quoted her over and over and now it´s all over my screen!

or perhaps the altitude is getting to me???!?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 18 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #83

Planet Pioneer

QUOTE(Jessica_CDN @ Sep 17 2006, 10:10 PM) *

or perhaps the altitude is getting to me???!?

I think you just summed it up

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 20 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #84

Planet Pioneer

Yoohoo Channucks, come out, come out wherever you are

I am offering you all a gift. A one time present from everyones favourite Auntie. Look at my picture. Even though I hate you all, I am being friendly !!!

Come and play with me, or have I scared you all off !

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Sep 20 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #85

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

Sorry Auntie D...we are all too busy being igloo living, beer drinking, toque wearing, hockey loving, maple syrupy peacemaking beavers....eh?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 20 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #86

Planet Pioneer

So sad, so sad, I thought you were meant to be a fun bunch !!! No Carm. No Waking Dream. No Jessica CDN. I think I will pull my flag down and run away

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Sep 20 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #87

Commuter

Ohh...I'm so sorry I missed it! I was too busy burning the crap out of my butt whilst surfing down here in Mexico!

And no, there will be NO pictures posted on the blog. Although I am typing this while standing. haha.

hmmm..come to think of it, my butt kinda looks a bit like the Canadian flag. hahahaha

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 21 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #88

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 20 2006, 05:58 PM) *

So sad, so sad, I thought you were meant to be a fun bunch !!! No Carm. No Waking Dream. No Jessica CDN. I think I will pull my flag down and run away

So it's everybody's favourite Auntie now is it? Okay. Maybe you are turning a new leaf and getting more in touch with your Canadian loving side? The flag is beautiful, and one to be very proud of! Nice one. What a lovely gift you give with your secret, deep down Canadian envy! I'm sure every Canadian out there loves you now just a little bit more! And to add to the phenomenal names that are growing on our Why We Love Canada list, let's add, say, The Guess Who, Glen Gould, Dan Akroyd, John Candy and Robertson Davies. Keep reading Auntie D, and maybe you will find a new reason to love Canada even more every day! Cheers!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 21 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #89

Planet Pioneer

Waking Dream

For me to love Channucksville, I need to find the right Channuck who is willing to take me home and show me the delights of their country. Until that day happens, this Auntie will be a Channuck hating whatever I am from La La Land

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 22 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #90

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 21 2006, 01:29 AM) *

Waking Dream

For me to love Channucksville, I need to find the right Channuck who is willing to take me home and show me the delights of their country. Until that day happens, this Auntie will be a Channuck hating whatever I am from La La Land

Hmmm...is that Auntie, or Anti?! You sure are opinonated for someone who has never been to this part of the planet! I think you are anti-Canadian for all the wrong reasons. From East to West and everything in between, you will find every kind of Canadian under the sun, and under the snow, and most definitely some that are from La La Land as well! Maybe you are meeting all the wrong ones there! However, the fact remains that we are incredibly well rounded people. We are tough. We go from +45 to -45 without the blink of an eye, just add a few layers and we are good to go. We boast of 730,000 square kms of natural wilderness. We are the 2nd largest country after the former Soviet Union, with the lowest population density, so we enjoy our freedom. If you like crowds, we got 'em, in our vibrantly colourful cities and if you like isolation, we've got that plentyof too. The Canadian Boreal Forest makes up 25 percent of the intact, original forests on the planet. You can have it all here. So Anti D, what do you think you would like about Canada? Dig deep, and don't deny yourself the wonders of the canuck.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ewie
post Sep 22 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #91

Drifter

Member No.: 18176

QUOTE(kris @ Aug 1 2006, 12:14 PM) *

when i was younger i used to relate to canada through a tv show called 'due south' ..so all i know is you have mounties - "they always get their man"
and further North you have Iglos, Polar bears and seal hunting!

I loved that show.. I must get the DVD.. even if the Americans could never pronounce Fraser properly on it LOL.

I would so love to capture me a real life mountie... in their dress uniform.. the green one just isn't the same.. the red one though..
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 23 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #92

Planet Pioneer

The fact is, I am not anti to the country. What this thread started about was there were certain people going on about how all Channucks are nice. Oh I wish I was a Channuck instead of a Seppoe or a Pom. Crap like that. I decided to point out that obviously that these people must have their heads in the sand as I have met loads of these types. So I am not anti to the country. From what I have seen it is very diverse like Australia and hopefully I will go there. I will be the first to admit that I have not been to the Americas, but I have this pull for Europe and Asia. Maybe between Carm and Wakingdream, I could be shown the country, and be introduced to good Channucks, and then my opinion might change, but until then, I will fight this all Channucks are good till the cows come home, and keep this Aunties anti Channuck rant going

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 23 2006, 07:20 AM
Post #93

Planet Pioneer

Actually Wakingdream, I have noticed that according to your blog site, you have been nowhere, but, according to another post, you have been to Lao as you have sampled the lovely drop of Beer Lao. So, here is what I will do for you. You be my tour guide and introduce me to nice Channucks in Channucksville, and I will do the same for you, here in either the UK, or, as you are partial to a Belgium beer, I will take you around on a little beer tour of Belgium. This does not happen very often, especially to Channucks, Auntie Davros, holding out the hand of friendship

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Sep 23 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #94

Commuter

that is a might nice thing to do.....offering a personal uncle davros tour! I can only imagine what that would go for on the free market.

hey....can we auction that off on ebay???

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 23 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #95

Planet Pioneer

QUOTE(Jessica_CDN @ Sep 23 2006, 04:30 PM) *

that is a might nice thing to do.....offering a personal uncle davros tour! I can only imagine what that would go for on the free market.

hey....can we auction that off on ebay???

Nice thought. Could you imagine the money that could be brought into Travelpod, for one tour of London by the impressive Auntie/Uncle Davros. But then again, to be offered a personalised tour, which does not happen everyday, I think that if Wakingdream is in London, she SHOULD take the offer, because it would be something she would never forget. And trust me, I am not a forgettable person !!!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 23 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #96

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 23 2006, 08:20 AM) *

Actually Wakingdream, I have noticed that according to your blog site, you have been nowhere, but, according to another post, you have been to Lao as you have sampled the lovely drop of Beer Lao. So, here is what I will do for you. You be my tour guide and introduce me to nice Channucks in Channucksville, and I will do the same for you, here in either the UK, or, as you are partial to a Belgium beer, I will take you around on a little beer tour of Belgium. This does not happen very often, especially to Channucks, Auntie Davros, holding out the hand of friendship

Anti D, things are not always as they appear are they? Weeding thru the daily rituals of life, weaving and passing, pushing thru all the seemingly endless responsibilities, all the heaps of other things piled high and precariously on my plate, all the while dreaming of the next adventure, I am getting closer to those blogs. I have blown passed the sampling and moved on to the shameless swilling of the lovely Beer Laos. I am very much looking forward to the next one, hopefully in Laos, maybe in London, I'll take it where I can get it. I would gladly show you the delights of the Canucks. I know my country well, and I have been known to show a good time in the past! East to West and everything in between. Unless you are partial to the cold, sleet and snow, I think maybe the summer here would suit you well. Or Autumn. The leaves changing. The yellows, browns, reds and burnt oranges, the leaves blowing from the trees, the smell in the air. It is truly a magnificent experience! Belgium is a place I'd love to check out. Any place that has good beer is definitely a place worth visiting! drinks.gif

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mizliz
post Sep 24 2006, 01:43 AM
Post #97

Explorer

Member No.: 8238

Oops, don't know how that happened. I had written a reply about Uncle but it doesn't show up...so I will repeat what I said:

Uncle, I am very insulted by your continual posting about how much you hate, not dislike but hate, Canadians. You say you posted your reasons some time ago, but you can't expect anyone to go back through all that's been said here to find out why you hate us. You disrespect Canadians by calling us "Channucks", whatever that means. I've never heard Canadians referred to as Channucks before.

No one else here says how much they hate "...", whatever nationality you care to put in there. This forum is all about people getting along together and helping one another and not at all about hating people of a different country than your own.

You admit you have never even been to North America, so you must be basing your impressions on Canadians you have met in your travels. Maybe you have met some Canadians you didn't like, but that can be said for just about any nationality the world over as we travel and meet people.

I am confident that if you ever came to Canada you would find that Canadians are not much different than Australians or Brits, for that matter.

Meanwhile, I think you are a jerk.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 24 2006, 03:17 AM
Post #98

Planet Pioneer

Oh Liz, we all have our opinions in life, and I have been called a lot worse. You do need to go back and read through and then you would understand what this is all about and why I call you all a Channuck from Channucksville. You can't just jump into a conversation halfway through, and think you know what's going on and then call me a name. I could do the same, but lets be realistic, I am a much better person than you are !!!

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me

Now back to the matter at hand. One that the majority of us have been following along

Wakingdream, you must be a mindreader. The Autumn colours are my favourite. Yes I do love the heat, but living in London, we don't always get that, so I would really enjoy that time of the year, and if I was to come over, I would prefer to be shown around places by a person in the know. It is the same here. I could take you to places in Barcelona, little bars that are so hard to find, full of locals where they free pour the spirits. Belgium is great. For a small country, there is so much to see, but I always end up looking at WW1 monuments/battlefields, and then retire to the bar, to sample the local Belgium beer. But there is more to life than Belgium. Euroville has loads. In fact, I can't wait till Saturday morning. Off to Munchen to sample the local beer again.

And with that, I end another Auntie Davros rant (I really must stop drinking that red wine, my head just does not work in the morning!)

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 24 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #99

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(mizliz @ Sep 24 2006, 02:43 AM) *

Oops, don't know how that happened. I had written a reply about Uncle but it doesn't show up...so I will repeat what I said:

Uncle, I am very insulted by your continual posting about how much you hate, not dislike but hate, Canadians. You say you posted your reasons some time ago, but you can't expect anyone to go back through all that's been said here to find out why you hate us. You disrespect Canadians by calling us "Channucks", whatever that means. I've never heard Canadians referred to as Channucks before.

No one else here says how much they hate "...", whatever nationality you care to put in there. This forum is all about people getting along together and helping one another and not at all about hating people of a different country than your own.

You admit you have never even been to North America, so you must be basing your impressions on Canadians you have met in your travels. Maybe you have met some Canadians you didn't like, but that can be said for just about any nationality the world over as we travel and meet people.

I am confident that if you ever came to Canada you would find that Canadians are not much different than Australians or Brits, for that matter.

Meanwhile, I think you are a jerk.

Ooohhhh, alittle harsh! Mizliz, I think you have missed the point! I'd have to say that Auntie D is right on this one. I don't know how you can throw your opinion out there without really having a true understanding of this topic! I'd suggest you DO go back and read through all that's been written, and see for yourself that Auntie is not really hating on Canadians. He just doesn't yet believe that we are as nice as we keep proclaiming! Besides, sarcasm can be a little hard to pick up when you are only reading. Not hearing the sounds yet picking up the tone can be alittle tough, I know. But don't worry, one of these days he will make it to Channucksville and meet some great Channucks (merely his little nickname for us, which I think is meant to be endearing,not insulting, but perhaps he won't admit that!) and he will realize that in reality the words we speak are true! Until then, let's let him have his fun! And I think if you read some of Auntie's other posts, you might realize that he actually does try to help out where and when he can! As an avid traveller, he does seem to have some very good advice! You should check it out!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 24 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #100

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 23 2006, 08:20 AM) *

Well well well!! Sometimes it's funny how things happen! And it just so happens that I will have the chance to see some of the delights of London this December! Going thru all the wonderful things to see is a little mind-blowing for sure! Such a huge city with SO much going on! I will have to take your hand in friendship and say that a little tour would be fantastic! Saves me from having to navigate myself around and figure things out for myself for the most part anyway. Hmmm, what would I like to see?? You have spoken of St. Paul's cathedral and it sounds like something I would love to see. I will have to root thru and decide what else I'd like to experience in that vast city you call home at the moment. Oh! And this means I will be able to have a Beer Laos! How exciting! I also took note of your suggestions for things to see and do in Barcelona, as after London, I will be heading there for Christmas! And the offer still stands on my end. If you ever find yourself in Canada, I would be happy to give you a tour! I think you would really enjoy it! Besides, it would give you a good chance to re-evaluate your opinion of us! I think you might be surprised at what you'll find.

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:08 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.