Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

10 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So yer Canadian, EH?, Question of the Month
uncle_davros
post Sep 29 2006, 12:35 AM
Post #141

Planet Pioneer

Group: Members
Member No.: 226
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Dwee - Must be something from Channucksville

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Sep 29 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #142

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 28 2006, 08:57 PM) *

I would love to be able to reply Wakingdream, but now is not the right time. You want a reply, at least ask me these questions when the time frame is right.

Speak to the hand, cause the face aint listening

Hahaha! Okay, "hand", what exactly does this mean? What would you deem the right time frame?

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 29 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #143

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

I think he's gone for some Beer Lao. Actually, the mad anti's prolly on his way to the Oktoberfest by now.. drinks.gif

Yes...I'm green..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Sep 29 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #144

Planet Pioneer

Waking, good question. Last night, it was very late, past my bedtime, and I walked in, and I was slightly tipsy, and I wrote something that not even I understand. I really must be getting old.

And by the way Scott, the Anti will have a stein tomorrow for you, and Waking, even though there is no Beer Lao, I will try to fix this Anti/Channuck relationship and I will have one for you to

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mizliz
post Sep 30 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #145

Explorer

Member No.: 8238

I think I spelled the second word wrong. Is it "twee"? Does that mean too cute, or precious?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 30 2006, 02:43 AM
Post #146

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

That would be right Liz, but still not widely used I don't think. Though I am from the dregs of the pond..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mizliz
post Sep 30 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #147

Explorer

Member No.: 8238

Thanks Scott!

Actually, I've seen "twee" used in newspapers here (Vancouver) recently.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 3 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #148

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Sep 29 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Waking, good question. Last night, it was very late, past my bedtime, and I walked in, and I was slightly tipsy, and I wrote something that not even I understand. I really must be getting old.

And by the way Scott, the Anti will have a stein tomorrow for you, and Waking, even though there is no Beer Lao, I will try to fix this Anti/Channuck relationship and I will have one for you to

Anti D, senility's a b&tch isn't it? Well, once in awhile I feel like that too.
Um, what's going on....I'm writing.......what am I.......ohhhhh yeahhhhh!!!
Tho it's not as exciting as your Oktoberfest celebration, I will be heading to a local Oktoberfest celebration just outside of town this w/e. Seems like it'll be loads of fun, and Kim Mitchell will be there! Haha! Not the biggest fan, but he is pretty famous for a Channuck! Or am I completely delusional???
Anyway, since you seem to have reached this level of, um, maturity and will be having a beer for me, I will have one for you as well! Maybe I'll even go back to calling you Uncle, but I do really like Anti better! Altho, I do have to wonder why you are seeming to be so friendly?? Okay! What's going on??
drinks.gif

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Oct 3 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #149

Planet Pioneer

The Anti is always friendly. It is just that the Channucks here do not understand me. I look at you all here and realised, I think that is what four long days of drinking beer does, in life, as Sir Isaac Newton once said, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", and here on this site, we have a Channuck who is God to a lot of you, and this God is a woman called Carmella. And that is where I come in to play. I am the opposite, the anti Carm, the Anti Davros. So please don't forget it.

And by the way, there is only one Oktoberfest, all the rest are pretenders to the throne !!!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Oct 3 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #150

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Oct 3 2006, 03:14 PM) *

The Anti is always friendly. It is just that the Channucks here do not understand me. I look at you all here and realised, I think that is what four long days of drinking beer does, in life, as Sir Isaac Newton once said, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", and here on this site, we have a Channuck who is God to a lot of you, and this God is a woman called Carmella. And that is where I come in to play. I am the opposite, the anti Carm, the Anti Davros. So please don't forget it.

And by the way, there is only one Oktoberfest, all the rest are pretenders to the throne !!!

boast.gif

Oh boy...now I am really big time. I have a wanna be nemesis... punk.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Oct 4 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #151

Planet Pioneer

Carm, it will never happen. There is only one person in this whole forum that flirts controversy. Be it here, or any other post, and that my friend is the Anti Davros. Anyway, you are God, whether you like it or not and I am the Anti Davros, a name given to me by one of your own !!!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 6 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #152

Rolling Stone

QUOTE(uncle_davros @ Oct 3 2006, 05:14 PM) *

The Anti is always friendly. It is just that the Channucks here do not understand me.

So you are feeling misunderstood Anti D? crying_anim.gif Hmm, would you describe yourself as the following:
"friendly (dictionary)
Generally warm, approachable and easy to relate with in character.
Inviting, characteristic of friendliness"
Haha! Sorry! I am killing myself here! THIS does not sound friendly!;
"This post is still going !!! I will never change my mind. I don't like Canadians !!!"
BUT, hold the phone! I think maybe you might have changed your mind on that alittle bit?
"I would make exceptions, because I am sure there are some lovely people in Channucksville"
So, you are going in the right direction here, and soon we MAY read about how you do actually like Channucks! Ever seen a hockey game?
On an even more Canadian note, after years of loving to hate the Toronto Maple Leafs, I finally learned how to hate to love them, but the first game of the season was horrible! They sucked SO bad! What the heck was that 4th goal about anyway!!! Helloooo?? Then, even tho I thought we were in for yet another crappy season of sad Leaf's games, they kicked the Sens butts 6 to nothing in the 2nd game of the season!!!!! I hate to admit it, but I almost gave up the Leafs for the Flames! I will have to give them another chance, but they seem to be really good at playing really badly! Ahhh hockey, such a pointless sport, but so exciting to watch!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
uncle_davros
post Oct 9 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #153

Planet Pioneer

Yes I have actually seen a hockey game in the Czech Republic. Boring. I think I am friendly to the people that count

And by the way Channucks, what is with this celebrating the American holiday of Thanksgiving. One minute you follow their traditions, next, no borders and you will all be saluting George

I am now getting really worried about you guys

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 9 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #154

Rolling Stone

Both Canadians and Americans celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. An annual one-day holiday meant for giving thanks, traditionally to God. There is alot more history there, but I am not the right one to tell you about it. The Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving this past w/e, with the Monday as the holiday, while the Americans celebrate it sometime in November, can't rememeber the exact date tho. However, Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays, similar to Christamas in the spread: oven-baked turkey, homemade gravy, mashed taties, homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, grilled veggies etc etc!!! Everyone has there own twist to Thanksgiving dinner, but it is usually one of the best meals of the year! Mmm mmmm!!!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 12 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #155

Rolling Stone

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
October 12th, 2006
1:44pm.
There is a freakin' BLIZZARD outside!!!!!!!
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Snow, snow, go away,
please don't come back
ANY other day!!!!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Oct 12 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #156

Journeyer

QUOTE(wakingdream @ Oct 12 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
October 12th, 2006
1:44pm.
There is a freakin' BLIZZARD outside!!!!!!!
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Snow, snow, go away,
please don't come back
ANY other day!!!!

Wow...you got snow before us? Crazy. It's not so bad here in the West...yet. But they are playing Christmas jingles in the cafe I am sitting in. That's kinda weird.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 12 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #157

Rolling Stone

Carm, it is WAY too early for snow, and definitely for Christmas jingles!
This snow IS nuts! I can't remember having a blizzard like this, this early in I don't know when! Altho, it is blizzarding huge flakes and actually looks really beautiful, but I want Fall back! I haven't even got to enjoy all the leaves and colours yet! Argh.

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Oct 12 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #158

Journeyer

The leaves here are stunning in every shade of yellow, crimson and orange...you are welcome for a visit if you ever so choose wink.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Oct 12 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #159

Rolling Stone

Hey thanks Carm! Actually, Edmonton is one place I have not had much of a chance to explore yet. The offer goes both ways. Guelph may sound weird but it is a very neat city with loads going on.
I know what you mean about the leaves, Fall is resplendent isn't it? I am planning a trip up north for some photos soon. The next week or so and it should be perfect!

--------------------
~Susie

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
senorbrian
post Oct 12 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #160

Drifter

Member No.: 10973

Funny, I Never eat maple syrup.
I also find it ironic that so meny things i see in canadian duty free airports
That are like uniquily canadian items, i've never seen in stores.
Like maple syrup booze.
Anyways yeah its funny before i started traveling, i never realised how meny things are uniquly canadian, just sorta figured the whole world had them. One nice thing about coming from such a diverse country, and multicultural, We have so much variety in great ethnic food, especially in a city like vancouver, you could have a meal at a differnt place everyday for a month, with constant new tastes.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 08:30 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.