Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Homestay/Highschool Study abroad
sabrinapm
post Jun 17 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 199281

I am a high school student going to China for one year. I will be staying near Beijing area and then Shanghai area, and as of now I am not with any formalized program at the moment, from the summer2012 to summer 2013. I am wondering if anyone has helpful suggestions or tips for me for this year.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
leileilee
post Jun 20 2012, 04:05 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2903273

QUOTE(sabrinapm @ Jun 17 2012, 01:38 PM) *

I am a high school student going to China for one year. I will be staying near Beijing area and then Shanghai area, and as of now I am not with any formalized program at the moment, from the summer2012 to summer 2013. I am wondering if anyone has helpful suggestions or tips for me for this year.

You can have a look at the life tips channel at jollybeijing.com. I found very helpful answer
there. The tips are espeicially for foreigners. Recommending~

hi~welcome to Beijing. You can find more Chinese friends here in Jollybeijing. I found many English speaking Chinese friends there!
Good luck in Beijing!:)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
leileilee
post Jun 29 2012, 02:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2903273

QUOTE(sabrinapm @ Jun 17 2012, 01:38 PM) *

I found my Chinese language partner at jollybeijing.com without any cost. Many Chinese there
want to exchange language. They provide a one to one auto-match system. Luckily, my partner was a nice Beijing girl who can communicate in Pinyin. We can chat via their chat-box tool, it is very convenient! And for free! Recommending~ So far the best platform I've used!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
eelseah
post Aug 1 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3106963

That is so cool! Are you already at China? smile.gif I'm also going to study in China this September in Beijing. but longer than a year! For 5-6 years. Chinese and vet med. Really nervous, but excited at the same time. I'd like a couple of pointers for foreigners living in china too. What's it like so far living in China?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:35 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.