Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Honeymoon in Thailand
krishnakurien
post Jun 6 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2875723

Hi!
I would like to spend my honeymoon in Thailand. My future wife agrees with the location but unfortunately she is extremely busy with the wedding plans. So, I got to take care of the plans. I head many nice things about Thailand, however we would like to go to a place near the beach. We also want an insight on their culture, but not so much. I also need to find a hotel with good deals. Nothing too fancy! The budget is not established. I am pretty flexible!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
jenconcepcion
post Jun 6 2012, 08:44 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2875693

From my experience, Bali and Chun Buri would be ideal for a honeymoon. I have not been to any other places in Thailand. However, I consider Bali and Chun Buri fitted for romantic walks, pleasant dinners, boat rides or even for some scuba diving!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
zabethchoi
post Jun 6 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2875713

Hi,

Let me tell you how I decided! I searched for 4-5 stars hotels and then I chose the one with the best offer! I came across www.rihlaprime.com while I was searching and they had a 50 percent discount! Simple as that! I would call it destiny, because we had a marvelous time!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
koonel
post Jun 6 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #4

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

"I would like to spend my honeymoon in Thailand. My future wife agrees with the location but unfortunately she is extremely busy with the wedding plans. So, I got to take care of the plans. I head many nice things about Thailand, however we would like to go to a place near the beach. We also want an insight on their culture, but not so much. I also need to find a hotel with good deals. Nothing too fancy! The budget is not established. I am pretty flexible!"

When would you be going to Thailand? Most popular time to visit with the best weather for many beach activities is late November through end of February. This is when hotels are more fully booked, especially by tourists from cold countries like N. America and northern Europe. This is high season. More tourists and usually higher priced flights to Asia from cold countries. Christmas and New Years holidays the most expensive and has fewer hotel vacancies.

Other times of the year either have more heat or more rain - BUT - tourists still show up by the millions during the off season.

Weather link below. Keep in mind that even during the off season, when it rains, the rain often stops in a few hours and the sun comes out again.
http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-tr...ion/weather.htm

All of Thailand has summertime type weather. From Chiang Mai down to Phuket it is warm enough for T-shirts and shorts. Phuket is a beach area that is popular with honeymooners but also the most expensive for hotels and local transportation. Chiang Mai is popular with tourists but no beaches. Maybe mix a visit to Bangkok (cheaper than Phuket,) visit to a beach area and possibly Chiang Mai so you can see the real Thailand. If you are coming long distance, like from Europe or the Americas, try to stay at least a minimum of 14 days in country.

Hotels with air start around 600 baht. This is a very basic room without gyms, fancy spas, fancy lobbies. There are hotels rooms that charge over 6000 baht a night too. You should work up a budget and see how much per night you can afford for a hotel room. Food and alcohol costs depends on where you eat or drink at. Simple restaurant meals 70 baht to 200 baht. Fancier places probably no cheaper than where you live. Same for drinking alcohol - go to a fancy nightclub and that will cost more than a simple beer bar.

Cheapest beach area near Bangkok is the Chonburi (Pattaya - Jomtien) area. Only 2 hours by bus or taxi from Bangkok. Beach at Pattaya City sucks but the hotels are cheapest for a beach location. Also cheapest transportation in Thailand at a beach area for tourists. (Only 10 baht.) If you can settle for sunbathing on a beach and using a hotel pool this will be cheapest. (Phuket the most expensive.) There is beach type swimming at Naklua and Jomtien and Koh Larn in this same area. Besides malls, street vendors, good restaurants, travel agencies for tours you also have a lot of nightlife in Pattaya City that you can visit or ignore. Up to you. If you are older honeymooners maybe consider a visit to Hua Hin. Still teenagers and want to do dope and be around a lot of other teenagers consider Koh Phangan.

Since you are just starting out on your married life here is some advice. If you screw up on hotel suggestions or destination suggestions for HER honeymoon you will hear about this forever! For the next 20 years you will always, always, always hear how you screwed up her honeymoon! So, have several choices for destinations, hotel choices, etc. And then make her decide where to go! This way if she complains in the future you always have a way out - she made the final choice! And you can take that to the bank!

Visit a library or purchase a travel guide. Some travel guides like Frommers and Fodors seem to have more wealthier travelers. Lonely Planet TG seems to have more economy minded, thrift type travelers. Read up on Thailand. See what interests the BOTH of you! Plan your trip accordingly. A simple Google, Bing or Yahoo search will give you the "how to get from point A to point B" in Thailand. Also other quick answers to weather, hotel, safety, scams and transportation type questions. Don't go all the way to Thailand and deliberately skip Bangkok! (Bangkok has excellent city rail service. A hotel near that rail service will make it easier getting around. Nevertheless, in Bangkok meter taxis are very cheap IF you only pay the meter fare! If you bargain the cost of the taxi ride you pay much more!)

Good luck.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
darrenstravels
post Jun 6 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #5

Tourist

Member No.: 167016

Koonel - top advice there!

Would also recommend Koh Samui as an option. On the beach, you can find plenty of luxury resorts, some (though not a huge amount) of culture, tons of nature plus you can literally fly in there from Bangkok with no hassles.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:10 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.