Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice on our 10 day itinerary
angela6571
post May 23 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2911473
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello,
I'm looking for any advice on my trip in September with my husband and one other adult couple. We have never been to Switzerland, but have tried to piece together the best itinerary we can through travel books and other peoples advice. Any tips or advice would be very much appreciated.

Day 1- Take the train to Winderswil and catch the Schynige Platte Bahn to Schynige Platte. Walk around the restaurant area and grounds then follow the trail signs to First. Once in First take the gondola down to Grindelwald (be sure to be there before 5pm). Walk through Grindelwald to the train station and back to Murren. Sleep in Murren.
Day 2-Take the early good morning train to Jungfraujoch. Arrive in Wegen by 7:15am. Go up to the Sphinx Observatory. Then hike to Monchsjochhutte (1 hour). Take the train back down to Kliene-Scheidegg and do the Hike from Kliene-Scheidegg to Mannlichen. Take the gondola back down to Lauternbrunnen onto the Interlaken area. Do the Planetenweg walk in the late afternoon walk. Have dinner in the area and take the boat back to Interlaken. Sleep in Murren.
Day 3- Breakfast at the Schilthorn leave Murren before 9am. Go out to the terrace and walk along the ridge. Go back down to Murren by 12 to do the Via Feretta. If we have time and engery take the gondola to Gimmelwald. Hike from Gimmelwald to the Sefin Valley to Kilchbalm (2 hours to the Glacier fields). Take the gondola back to Murren. Sleep in Murren
Day 4- 9am hang glide. Afterwards, do the Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg walk with the Trummelbach Falls. From take the gondola to Grutschalp and then hike from Grutschalp to Murren. Once in Murren take the funicular to Allmendhubelbahn and take the 20 minute flower trail. Head back to Murren and sleep in Murren.
Day5- Travel to Zermatt. Go up to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and the Schwarzsee. Afterward walk around Zermatt including the trail around town.
Day 6- Go up to Gornergrat. Go to Lake Riffelsee. Then hike back to the Rotenboden station. Go to the Rothorn and hike in that area. Spend night in Zermatt.
Day 7- Travel to Lugano. Take a stroll around Lugano. Get on the boat and take it to Paradiso to climb up to San Salvatore. Try to be there around dusk.
Day 8- Spend the morning in Lugano. Travel to Luzern. Spend the afternoon walking around Luzern. Make sure to go see the bridges and the Lion Monument. Spend night in Luzern.
Day 9- Take the boat to Weggis and head up to Mt. Rigi and hike around (5-6 hours). Spend night in Luzern.
Day 10- Go to Mt. Pilatus. Take the gondalo /cable car up. Going to Luge track and suspension rope course. Have lunch at Hotel Bellevue then take the 1.5 hour hike to the Matthorn. Spend night in Luzern.
Day 11- Fly home

Thanks!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
travelingdiva
post May 24 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #2

Explorer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 201752

Hi Angela,

It looks like you have a pretty packed itinerary! I hope you enjoy hiking smile.gif

I am not sure what you are looking for in terms of advice. All I would say is don't forget to include time to relax! Lugano is beautiful to just lounge by the lake and enjoy any of the numerous terrace cafés. I find Luzern is one of the most beautiful cities in Switzerland so I think you will also enjoy walking around there. If you have time you can also walk up to the old wall and on the old wall, which gives you some nice views. But then your boatride will also do that.

Let me know if you have a specific question. Otherwise, have a great time!

--------------------

Local Travel Expert for Switzerland
Read about my life abroad
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:33 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.