Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Have you ever travel to Egypt, Africa to see the Pyramids?, If so, how is it there?
dewon73
post Jun 7 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 281309
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My name is Mr. Dewon Lawton, I am visiting there next year.
Please... Tell me your experiences there.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jun 8 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

If you wish to read about a visit to Egypt, Alexandria and the cruise in the Nile River, go to this entry of mine. You will find everything:

Click here to open:

visit my recent blog:Exploring new destinations

http://www.travelpod.com/members/greekcypriot

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
semi-backpacker
post Jun 8 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Planet Pioneer

From: Hanging out with saguaro cactus in the Arizona desert
Member No.: 82730

Hi Dewon,
Great question, but I believe it's in the wrong forum. Maybe you should re-post in the Africa forum?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jun 8 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

I moved it.

Dewon, I think you should check out some TravelPod blogs before you go, there are TONS about Egypt here: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-country/Egypt/tpod.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jeremystravels
post Oct 23 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Commuter

Member No.: 217489

It is most worth it. I went in August recently myself. I would have to say that aside from the Pyramids, Saqqara, and the Egyptian Museum, I was not a fan of Cairo as a city as much as some of the other places. It is a bit too hectic. If you do decide to go, try and head down to Aswan and go to Abu Simbel, and go to Luxor and do a Nile Felucca cruise [not a Nile Cruise on a boat, an actual felucca over night trip]. The red sea is also very nice for relaxing on a beach too. Check out my blog here for info about it.

--------------------
Local Expert for Ohio, USA
Next Countries: May 2010: Banff National Park - Canada
Planning RTW in 2010-2011 for Asia and South America - coverage here
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
purplebuggy
post Nov 12 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Tourist

Member No.: 282787

I visited the pyramids when I was younger and it was fantastic. I can recommend going inside one if you get the chance too - it puts a whole new perspective on them.
There is a night show at the sphinx but I found this to be really tacky. Although the story was interesting, it was modernising something that I personally found interesting because it was a step back into another time.
I would also highly recommend Luxor and Alexandria. I'll go back one day to visit Aswan as it was somewhere my parents didn't want to go to (a shame because it wasn't flooded then!), I hear it's amazing too.

--------------------
pb

Diary of a Ranger-To-Be
Another year in the bushveld of South Africa (Jan 11 - now)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
smileflive
post Nov 17 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 447291
Nominate me as a Local Expert

i visited Egypt recently and i stayed in Cairo for 4nights.it was marvelous trip. apart from the traffic and touts every where especially around the pyramids everything went very good more than i expect.first of all me and my husband choose Le meridian hotel, we choose room with a pyramid view. hotel is good although they have renovation work but it is not that noisy , people are so friendly .we arranged our first tour with the hotel (the concierge)to the museum and the citadel but we find it was so expensive.

the next day we decided to use Rasha Hamid service (she was recommended by a friend) and we are so happy we did.she arranged us three full days tours to the pyramids,saqqarra,memphis ,dahsour pyramids ,ahmed Ibn toulon mosque, Gayer anderson house(i enjoyed this house),Coptic cairo,the old market and El azhar prark. she was very professional, speaks great English and her knowledge was unbelievable ,she is a licensed tour guide/egyptologist .i definitely recommend her for any one want to visit cairo ,her e_mail is sunnyskies20@hotmail.com or egyptsunset@windowslive.com

For lunch we went to Felfela Restaurant next to the hotel(Egyptian cuisine).we tried also the Nubian restaurant at the hotel.Andrea Restaurant (grilled chicken) and Caviar.

we tipped only small notes for the hotel staff 5LE ,the Drivers for full Day 30LE and the guide 100Le for full day

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 08:31 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.