Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stats Page Does not Work
paddyfetherston
post Mar 20 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2390393

Hello,

I have been using Travel Pod for just over 4 months and for the duration of my experience the Stats page has never worked properly.

"This week" + "Top Travel Blog Photos & Videos" have never worked.

I have tested this myself, by logging out and viewing the photos and pages & have had friends comment about photos yet their views do not appear.

Does everybody suffer from this or is it just my blog?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Mar 20 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

Could you provide more information as to what is not working and what is happening instead, YOu can also contact me at support@travelpod.com

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
paddyfetherston
post Mar 23 2012, 03:28 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Mar 20 2012, 08:48 PM) *

Could you provide more information as to what is not working and what is happening instead, YOu can also contact me at support@travelpod.com

Hi Jacques,

If I sign out of my profile and view a photo, then sign back in to check if the views has increased, it will not increase. Family have also commented on pages and photos they have enjoyed, although when I check the stats page it shows that nobody has visited the page or the photos.

What happens instead is the visit is not registered on my stats page. I have been blogging for nearly 5 months and most of my "Top Travel Blog Photos this year" have only 2 or 3 hits. I know this is incorrect as I have viewed some photos more than that and I have e-mails from family explaining how many times they enjoy the photos.

Thanks for your reply, hope you can help.

Paddy
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Mar 23 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Journeyer

Member No.: 17335

Each visit by the same person is not counted over and over again. Only unique visitors are counted and they will not be counted a second time until a certain amount of time has elapsed since their last visit to your blog.

Also if your family members read your blog and view your photos that way or just use the slideshow to view your photos then they will not be counted on every photo either.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
steve-claire
post Apr 9 2012, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2379893

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Mar 23 2012, 02:35 PM) *

Each visit by the same person is not counted over and over again. Only unique visitors are counted and they will not be counted a second time until a certain amount of time has elapsed since their last visit to your blog.

Also if your family members read your blog and view your photos that way or just use the slideshow to view your photos then they will not be counted on every photo either.

I agree, the stats page doesn't record accurate information, I tested it by attaching external stats counters to some of my pages and the results were very different.

According to the map of where my visitors are from it only shows UK and Australia, I know for a fact the pages have had hits from over 19 different countries.

The stats can still be checked on my site
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entr...04335/tpod.html

Steve
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
paddyfetherston
post Apr 12 2012, 05:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(steve-claire @ Apr 9 2012, 01:23 PM) *

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Mar 23 2012, 02:35 PM) *

I agree, the stats page doesn't record accurate information, I tested it by attaching external stats counters to some of my pages and the results were very different.

According to the map of where my visitors are from it only shows UK and Australia, I know for a fact the pages have had hits from over 19 different countries.

The stats can still be checked on my site
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entr...04335/tpod.html

Steve

Wow, the counter looks really cool.

Thanks Steve. Yes Stats page is rubbish it does not even pretend to work.

Thanks for getting back to me

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
londone7
post Oct 22 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #7

Drifter

Member No.: 1190871

my stats have not been moving for the last few weeks which is complete nonsense for the number of entries I have been adding about major events taking place in my city, emails to all my friends, blog entries posted on my facebook wall

I am also an official blogger for the Korean Ministry of Culture and Tourism and official foreign blogger for The City of Daegu who I forward all my blog links to about events taking place in my city and across korea.

I blogged about a live performance of PSY performing "Gangnam Style" to a packed out stadium and submitted this to the ministry of tourism and city of daegu sites.
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entr...93524/tpod.html

Facebook says I posted 42 entries since Oct 4/12 and 13 entries in Sept

The attached graph also shows how my stats have flatlined since July which does not correspond with the number of entries I have had and the number of 3rd party sites that have access to my blog (FB, google, Min of Tourism, City of Daegu)

also my youtube page is another independent way of monitoring traffic on recent videos with 125,000+ visitors to date, of whom 75,000+ were from the Asia Song Festival also on my blog
http://www.youtube.com/user/londone73/videos?view=0
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entr...95220/tpod.html

We also had Usain Bolt compete in three events at the Daegu IAAF Championships where he set a world record in the mens 4x100 relay
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entr...11351/tpod.html

It is impossible that my stats can be frozen and nobody is looking at my blog including unique page views from people that dont know me and finding my site thru third party referers and google searches to create unique page views

I would get 2000+ hits/month and now only 100+???!!!

I'm following the above example and adding my own page counters to all my old entries now and going forward. I hope Tpod looks into this problem and sorts it out

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post Oct 23 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #8

Expeditionist

Member No.: 2258383

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback on this. Yes, we are aware that some stats are not being displayed accurately. (Check out early in this thread for background: http://www.travelpod.com/forums/index.php?...68173&st=20)
Until we can improve the accuracy of our stats page, the counter you have added to your pages is a possible workaround, and there may be others out there.
Cheers,
Fraser
P.S. Great shots and video!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2014 - 11:33 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.