Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Really? Tropical beach in central asia?, tour of the five stans
parkerific966
post Feb 25 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2598993

I have been talking to my tour operator East-Site Travel and the lady there mentioned some awesome things I could include on the trip agenda. But I 'm wondering about one thing in particular. So I hope someone here can answer. Is it true there is somewhere in the five stans that has a tropical beach? Because I had the impression it was pretty much all desert? I am a little embarrassed to show my ignorance but if it's true then i definitely would like to include that in the itinerary. So far I have sightseeing of museums and other cool ancient architecture, a marketplace that has stood in the same spot for over a hundred years (I think), and one place that actually has some fishing and hiking allowed...so that last thing made me think maybe there really is a tripical place too, since there is a forest I hadn't expected. Yes? No?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mariacast
post Mar 2 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2709993

Yes! This part of the world has some really interesting extremes - in terms of culture, because it is so ecletic, and in terms of environment, because it does have vast deserts, as you know, and also vast steppe regions, high mountain peaks, and yes, several beautiful tropical beaches as well. It's amazing to go from the sandy, dry dusty (yet wonderful) areas to the subtropical vacation spots with warm breezes, citrus-scented breezes (lemon, yum!) and exotic flowers. What we like to do is first explore the archaeolgical ancient city stuff, then end the tip with the beaches and tropical drinks. The first time we went we were only planning a Silk Road Tour, but while talking with our tour organizer East-Site Travel, we learned about a lot of other things we could check out, and that's how we found out about the beaches.

Any other questions, just ask; we have gone there before.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
parkerific966
post Mar 9 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(mariacast @ Mar 2 2012, 02:30 PM) *

Yes! This part of the world has some really interesting extremes - in terms of culture, because it is so ecletic, and in terms of environment, because it does have vast deserts, as you know, and also vast steppe regions, high mountain peaks, and yes, several beautiful tropical beaches as well. It's amazing to go from the sandy, dry dusty (yet wonderful) areas to the subtropical vacation spots with warm breezes, citrus-scented breezes (lemon, yum!) and exotic flowers. What we like to do is first explore the archaeolgical ancient city stuff, then end the tip with the beaches and tropical drinks. The first time we went we were only planning a Silk Road Tour, but while talking with our tour organizer East-Site Travel, we learned about a lot of other things we could check out, and that's how we found out about the beaches.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
parkerific966
post Mar 9 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(parkerific966 @ Mar 9 2012, 05:08 PM) *

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
parkerific966
post Mar 9 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(parkerific966 @ Mar 9 2012, 05:08 PM) *

thanks! so I went back to East-Site Travel and asked where the beach was and she told me along the shores of the Black Sea. She also said we can do other things while touring besides the beach. like camel back ride, horseback riding, river rafting, even sky diving and shopping. all of which I am really psyched about except for the shopping. I'm not a big shopper. I already wanted to go to central asia to see the architecture and the historical stuff and because I think it will be a very different, fresh vibe than my other travels. But now I am seeing a much bigger picture and getting more and more into it. Do you know anything about illness or disease I should know about? Vaccinations and stuff?[size=3]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:25 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.