Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kalgoorlie (search people), seeking information about his uncle
post May 22 2009, 03:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 279537

Attached ImageDear residents city of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.WA (Request) Dear friends

My name is Bohdan Hnatyk.
I live in Ukraine.

I am writing to ask you about a very great favour. Could you help me please find information about my uncle Piotr Bozyk.
He lived in Kalgoorlie 125 Brookman Street. Maybe people in your city
know my uncle about it and have information that will be important for
me. Maybe you knew him personally.
This forum was created to search for information about my uncle Piotr Bozyk and friends to people who lived in the city of Kalgoorlie. Western Australia.
I and my mother Katerine Hnatyk(Bozyk)-his sister were looking for him during the long years. And now at last we were informed through Red Cross that he lived in Kalgoorlie.

I want to lescribe you the situation with Piotr Bozyk.

He was born in village Novosilki or near Yavoriv. Lviv, Poland (pre-WWII) in what is today Western Ukraine. He was born on may 1912.
Since 1942 the german fashists have compulsory moved out to forced labour into Germany. In 1945 we have got a letter that he is living and when he will go out so he will write to us obligator. But conditions were changed: our Ukraine must be found under the communist power in the Soviet borders were closed at so called "iron curtain" from the Western Countries.
In 1991 our Ukraine became an independent state and we decided to write a letter to the International Tracing Service and at last we got an answer that Piotr Bozyk lived in the town Kalgoorlie and died on the 7th june and was buried on 9th of june 1989 on the local cemetery in
the city Kalgoorlie. (Unfortunately he died). Piotr Bozyk (Requiem mass 9 June 1989 at St Mary’s Catholic Church. Kalgoorlie). Saint Mary’s Church, Kalgoorlie, Western Australia A requiem mass was held on the 9 June 1989 at St Mary's Catholic Church prior to his interment in the Roman Catholic Section of Kalgoorlie Cemetery – Crave ¹ 16039.
From the Red Cross information we knew that he during the period from 1945 till 1989 was alive. Unfortunately we could not meet with him after long years of separation. But we didn't know in how he lived in those years, was he married or no, has he children or no. We didn't know nothing about him and his life and didn't get letters. Nowadays we know nothing about him.
Dear friends, please help us to find information concerning Piotr Bozyk. It is impossible that he lived a lot of years in exile in Kalgoorlie and hadn't no communication with somebody. He worked and had friends, that they knew him in Kalgoorlie.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear community and residents city of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.WA.
Relatives from Ukraine asked to provide information on Piotr Bozyk he lived in Kalgoorlie.Western Australia. Who knew him well (friends, acquaintances), please help us to find information concerning Piotr Bozyk.

PIOTR BOZYK
(1912-1989)
From the Red Cross information:
1949-Post-war immigration to Australia
There were 1566 Displaced Persons on board the Anna Salen when it left Naples on 1 August 1949. The Anna Salen arrived in Fremantle on 24 August 1949. Most of the passengers disembarked and were transported by train to the Department of Immigration Reception and Training Centre, Northam.
1950-1989- Lived in Brookman St 125. Kalgoorlie. During all of his working life in Kalgoorlie Piotr Bozyk worked as fettler (a member of a gang who repair railway lines). 7th June 1989- He died in Kalgoorlie. Buried in the Kalgoorlie cemetery.

Maybe you personally know?

Looking for his friends and acquaintances?

The information about Piotr Bozyk send me please on the address:

Bohdan Hnatyk
Sheptytzky St 1/179
Novoyavorivsk 81053
Lviv.Ukraine.

E-mail:Hnatyk@mail.ru

telephon:380325645266

When it possible for you, please help me in these relations.

Sincerely

Bohdan Hnatyk
Ukraine

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 19 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 279537

QUOTE(91201.231.16 @ May 22 2009, 03:30 AM) *

Attached ImageDear residents city of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.WA (Request) Dear friends

My name is Bohdan Hnatyk.
I live in Ukraine.

I am writing to ask you about a very great favour. Could you help me please find information about my uncle Piotr Bozyk.
He lived in Kalgoorlie 125 Brookman Street. Maybe people in your city
know my uncle about it and have information that will be important for
me. Maybe you knew him personally.
This forum was created to search for information about my uncle Piotr Bozyk and friends to people who lived in the city of Kalgoorlie. Western Australia.
I and my mother Katerine Hnatyk(Bozyk)-his sister were looking for him during the long years. And now at last we were informed through Red Cross that he lived in Kalgoorlie.

I want to lescribe you the situation with Piotr Bozyk.

He was born in village Novosilki or near Yavoriv. Lviv, Poland (pre-WWII) in what is today Western Ukraine. He was born on may 1912.
Since 1942 the german fashists have compulsory moved out to forced labour into Germany. In 1945 we have got a letter that he is living and when he will go out so he will write to us obligator. But conditions were changed: our Ukraine must be found under the communist power in the Soviet borders were closed at so called "iron curtain" from the Western Countries.
In 1991 our Ukraine became an independent state and we decided to write a letter to the International Tracing Service and at last we got an answer that Piotr Bozyk lived in the town Kalgoorlie and died on the 7th june and was buried on 9th of june 1989 on the local cemetery in
the city Kalgoorlie. (Unfortunately he died). Piotr Bozyk (Requiem mass 9 June 1989 at St Mary’s Catholic Church. Kalgoorlie). Saint Mary’s Church, Kalgoorlie, Western Australia A requiem mass was held on the 9 June 1989 at St Mary's Catholic Church prior to his interment in the Roman Catholic Section of Kalgoorlie Cemetery – Crave ¹ 16039.
From the Red Cross information we knew that he during the period from 1945 till 1989 was alive. Unfortunately we could not meet with him after long years of separation. But we didn't know in how he lived in those years, was he married or no, has he children or no. We didn't know nothing about him and his life and didn't get letters. Nowadays we know nothing about him.
Dear friends, please help us to find information concerning Piotr Bozyk. It is impossible that he lived a lot of years in exile in Kalgoorlie and hadn't no communication with somebody. He worked and had friends, that they knew him in Kalgoorlie.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear community and residents city of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.WA.
Relatives from Ukraine asked to provide information on Piotr Bozyk he lived in Kalgoorlie.Western Australia. Who knew him well (friends, acquaintances), please help us to find information concerning Piotr Bozyk.

PIOTR BOZYK
(1912-1989)
From the Red Cross information:
1949-Post-war immigration to Australia
There were 1566 Displaced Persons on board the Anna Salen when it left Naples on 1 August 1949. The Anna Salen arrived in Fremantle on 24 August 1949. Most of the passengers disembarked and were transported by train to the Department of Immigration Reception and Training Centre, Northam.
1950-1989- Lived in Brookman St 125. Kalgoorlie. During all of his working life in Kalgoorlie Piotr Bozyk worked as fettler (a member of a gang who repair railway lines). 7th June 1989- He died in Kalgoorlie. Buried in the Kalgoorlie cemetery.

Maybe you personally know?

www.Bozyk.blogspot.com

Looking for his friends and acquaintances?

The information about Piotr Bozyk send me please on the address:

Bohdan Hnatyk
Sheptytzky St 1/179
Novoyavorivsk 81053
Lviv.Ukraine.

E-mail:Hnatyk@mail.ru

telephon:380325645266

When it possible for you, please help me in these relations.

Sincerely

Bohdan Hnatyk
Ukraine

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:01 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.