Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changi stopover shopping, What currencies can I use?
dlj
post Apr 25 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 274186
Nominate me as a Local Expert

This may be a dumb question, but this will be my first overseas trip. I have a four hour stopover at Changi airport on the way to the UK and on the way back. I assume I need Singapore dollars to buy anything at the airport - yes? Is it better to get a little bit of cash before leaving Australia, or should I change it at Changi? (I will be taking credit cards, travellers cheques, and cash in British pounds and Euros.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Apr 25 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

I have never been to any major airport where there hasn't been a currency exchange counter. For convenience, if you have the time, you could get a few Singapore dollars (SGD) at the airport before you take off.

It would probably be handy to have a few local bucks but it 's not the end of the world if you get there without any.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
munirfarhan
post Apr 13 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 917861

QUOTE(dlj @ Apr 25 2009, 10:37 PM) *

This may be a dumb question, but this will be my first overseas trip. I have a four hour stopover at Changi airport on the way to the UK and on the way back. I assume I need Singapore dollars to buy anything at the airport - yes? Is it better to get a little bit of cash before leaving Australia, or should I change it at Changi? (I will be taking credit cards, travellers cheques, and cash in British pounds and Euros.

Shops at all major airport accept foreign currencies (Dollars/Pounds/Euros). There are several currency exchanges at Changi Airport - you can convert it to any currency you want

Thanks
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dlj
post Apr 14 2010, 06:47 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 274186

QUOTE(munirfarhan @ Apr 13 2010, 04:41 AM) *

Shops at all major airport accept foreign currencies (Dollars/Pounds/Euros). There are several currency exchanges at Changi Airport - you can convert it to any currency you want

Thanks

Thanks! It all went well - had a ball on my first overseas trip!
munirfarhan - your photo intrigues me - Forrest Beach in Queensland?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
munirfarhan
post Apr 14 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #5

Drifter

Member No.: 917861

QUOTE(dlj @ Apr 14 2010, 06:47 AM) *

QUOTE(munirfarhan @ Apr 13 2010, 04:41 AM) *

Thanks

Thanks! It all went well - had a ball on my first overseas trip!
munirfarhan - your photo intrigues me - Forrest Beach in Queensland?

No Actually Seychelles (lovely beaches)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:17 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Singapore

Chinatown Hotels
Little India Hotels
Pulau Ubin Hotels
Sentosa Island Hotels
Singapore Hotels
Singapore River Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.