I just saw this contest for people who have written blogs about Wales. If you've already got one, consider sending your story in, maybe you could win.
From: http://blog.visitwales.co.uk/623/wales-in-...og-competition/‘Blog’ Competition: Share your stories
We are looking for the great Welsh stories, posts and articles out there in the blogosphere and the rest of Web. We want to encourage more of you to write about Wales and share your experiences and reward those that do! Story themes and topics could cover:-
[b]We will also be featuring your stories and excerpts from your stories on this blog (all of which will be credited and linked back to your blog/web site/ URL). So let us know about your existing post or get writing a new one and you could win 3 nights away in one of Cardiff’s finest boutique hotels. (See Below) - terms and conditions
- Memorable visits
- Events e.g. reviews of your experiences at literary, music or food festival in Wales
- Characters you met while you were in Wales
- Places you stayed
- Activities and things that you did while you were here
[/b] How does the competition work? First of all, we need to find your stories.
- You email us directly - firstname.lastname@example.org - with details of your story
- You email us with details of what you consider to be a good article that you’ve seen or read
- We may find your story when we scan the web and contact you to ask if you would like to be entere
Authors of stories and blogs we receive, that you recommend or that we locate or track down will automatically receive a ‘nominated badge’ that you can place on your post, page or somewhere on your web site. [b]Shortlist and Announcement of the Winner
The list of nominees will be reduced to a shortlist (those on that list will get a ’shortlisted badge’ for their post)
and then an eventual winner will be selected (naturally you’ll get another badge announcing that fact).
The closing date for nominations is 12pm 15th August 2009
will be complete by 12pm 15th September 2009 Winner
informed by email and announced on this blog www.blog.visitwales.co.uk
by 12pm 29 September 2009