Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer stay in Montanita w/ some traveling, suggestions for adventure tours welcomed
jewels320
post Apr 22 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 276581

I am taking medical spanish classes in Montanita this summer & wanted to do an adventure tour at the tail end of my trip. I'm flying out of Guayaquil and would like some suggestions for tour companies & transportation suggestions for getting from Montanita to tour & then back to Guayaquil.

Also, I'm a young female traveling by myself for the first time (well outside the US), so any suggestions for how to do this safely would also be appreciated!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
raniroo
post Apr 22 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #2

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 19411

I am researching Equador trips at the moment....I always look at

Geckos Adventures
Intrepid Travel
Kumuka
Tucan Travel

they have some great trips....most leave from Quito though.

--------------------
If you really look like your passport photo, you need the holiday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
movera
post Jul 2 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 284501

QUOTE(jewels320 @ Apr 22 2009, 02:47 AM) *

I am taking medical spanish classes in Montanita this summer & wanted to do an adventure tour at the tail end of my trip. I'm flying out of Guayaquil and would like some suggestions for tour companies & transportation suggestions for getting from Montanita to tour & then back to Guayaquil.

Also, I'm a young female traveling by myself for the first time (well outside the US), so any suggestions for how to do this safely would also be appreciated!

From Montanita the only means of transportation is by road. Most likely you are taking a bus. The closest airport would be in Manta. I like Montanita and think you will have quite an adventure there - it's the surf capital of Ecuador and the whales should be on the coast while you are there.

Depending on what you are thinking of as an adventure you could either travel up to the highlands to have a cultural adventure. From Quito you can either take a bus or fly down to the jungle or from Guayaquil you can fly over to Galapagos. All of which would be great just depending on what you want to do. As a single female I would probably avoid going too far north on the coast. Other than that you should be able to have fun.

Getting from Quito to Guayaquil is relatively easy there are flights all day long or you can take the bus - the bus is inexpensive but the trip is L-O-N-G I just did it last month I think we left at 10 in the morning and got in around 10 at night with 1 stop for food. I wish I had paid the extra money for the flight.

Have fun and enjoy your class.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 04:15 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Ecuador

Ambato Hotels
Archidona Hotels
Bahia de Caraquez Hotels
Banos Hotels
Cayambe Hotels
Chugchilan Hotels
Coca Hotels
Cotundo Hotels
Cuenca Hotels
Cuyabeno Hotels
Esmeraldas Hotels
Galera Hotels
Gualaquiza Hotels
Guayaquil Hotels
Huaquillas Hotels
Ibarra Hotels
Ingapirca Hotels
Laguna Cuicocha Hotels
Las Tunas Hotels
Loja Hotels
Machachi Hotels
Machala Hotels
Manta Hotels
Mindo Hotels
Montanita Hotels
Muisne Hotels
Otavalo Hotels
Papallacta Hotels
Pedro Vicente Maldonado Hotels
Puerto Ayora Hotels
Puerto Baquerizo Moreno Hotels
Puerto Lopez Hotels
Puyo Hotels
Quito Hotels
Riobamba Hotels
Salinas Hotels
Sangolqui Hotels
Sumaco Hotels
Tena Hotels
Vilcabamba Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.