Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Narrowing it all down...18 days in Cambodia only or multiple countries?
elisif
post Jun 30 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2081271
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi Everyone,

I'm just beginning to start on my planning for a trip to Cambodia but I'm having a hard time narrowing my focus down.

To start off here's a bit of our background. My husband and I are in our late 20s and independent travelers. We dislike going on group tours and much prefer going on our own if we can, or hiring a private guide if it's something that will greatly enhance the experience. We like to save money where we can and are generally budget travelers but I wouldn't say shoestring. We work hard so that we can play hard and aren't afraid to splurge on something if it's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing and also will take a domestic plane flight if it saves a ton of time. We much prefer adventure to the city (our hobbies at home include rock climbing, ice climbing, and mountaineering) and we are active people. We dislike crowds but know that they are inevitable at times if we want to see the popular spots when it's not a torrential downpour :-)

Now to the questions!

We will have ~18days in the country (this excludes travel time to and from the US (Portland)). Should we just focus on Cambodia or will we have enough time to explore Laos as well? Vietnam? Or....should we start in Laos and then head to Cambodia? Anything specific we should focus on? Where would you fly into/out of?

Options for dates are December 2nd - 21st or January 13th - Feb. 1st. There may be a slight chance of Nov. 4th-23rd as well. Is there an appreciable difference between these months? Cost? Crowds? Weather?

Oh, and one more quick note....we've spent 3 weeks in Thailand a few years ago and loved it (we would totally just go back there but want to experience new things!).

I think that's it for my first questions. I'm mainly trying to focus on plane tickets for now in order to work the rest out later.

Thank you so much for your time!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lucyluxy14
post Sep 19 2011, 04:49 AM
Post #2

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2245993
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(elisif @ Jun 30 2011, 07:25 PM) *

Hi Everyone,

I'm just beginning to start on my planning for a trip to Cambodia but I'm having a hard time narrowing my focus down.

To start off here's a bit of our background. My husband and I are in our late 20s and independent travelers. We dislike going on group tours and much prefer going on our own if we can, or hiring a private guide if it's something that will greatly enhance the experience. We like to save money where we can and are generally budget travelers but I wouldn't say shoestring. We work hard so that we can play hard and aren't afraid to splurge on something if it's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing and also will take a domestic plane flight if it saves a ton of time. We much prefer adventure to the city (our hobbies at home include rock climbing, ice climbing, and mountaineering) and we are active people. We dislike crowds but know that they are inevitable at times if we want to see the popular spots when it's not a torrential downpour :-)

Now to the questions!

We will have ~18days in the country (this excludes travel time to and from the US (Portland)). Should we just focus on Cambodia or will we have enough time to explore Laos as well? Vietnam? Or....should we start in Laos and then head to Cambodia? Anything specific we should focus on? Where would you fly into/out of?

Options for dates are December 2nd - 21st or January 13th - Feb. 1st. There may be a slight chance of Nov. 4th-23rd as well. Is there an appreciable difference between these months? Cost? Crowds? Weather?

Oh, and one more quick note....we've spent 3 weeks in Thailand a few years ago and loved it (we would totally just go back there but want to experience new things!).

I think that's it for my first questions. I'm mainly trying to focus on plane tickets for now in order to work the rest out later.

Thank you so much for your time!

Hi elisif,

First of all, wish you a great trip on Christmas vacation.

I think the time you chose is best. About destination, you would line to explode indochina region, right? So you can choose Vietnam, the best one to stay, I think. The reason is I have got there in July 20 and came back Aghentina a week later. It was a wonderful trip, I swear, just find a secure travel agency and enjoy your time.

I also suggest you the agency I used, the name is Vietnam tour booking or Vietnam group Tour, the same. You also visit their web at vietnamgrouptour.com and take one suitable

Yours faithfully,

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:15 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.