Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> upload photos from iphone or ipad
gregandjacq
post Jun 27 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2067151

Hi guys,
Have just started my first travel blog for a cycling trip to France and it appears I can't upload photos from iPad or iPhone because Apple won't work with Adobe Flash.
Does anyone have a work around or a fix, or the ability to clarify where my understanding has gone wrong.
Cheers,
Greg
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jun 27 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 164003

Hi Greg,

I was just about to put up a post about this, but you headed me off.

At this time we don't have a standalone app for the iphone, but it's something we're planing to tackle soon.

For now, you can use our Mobile Blogging feature. From your Dashboard, click on Blog Settings and then towards the bottom "Mobile Blogging".

This will allow you to use the email client on your phone to post an entry and pictures.

I'd love to get your feedback on this post:
http://www.travelpod.com/forums/index.php?...148871&st=0

Happy travels!

Eric
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jun 28 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Journeyer

Member No.: 17335

Even the second one I sent today bounced. You might want to check the email address you have listed with your email program.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tienvoortaal
post Dec 29 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2532333

Hi there,
Same question here (only a couple of months later).....just started with travelpod on my computer. When using it on ipad I couldn't upload pictures. A pity because I am planning to travel with it. This 'problem' has been discussed more often on the forum. Is there a solution?

Ivo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Dec 30 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #5

Journeyer

Hi,

We should have a new ipad application completed in the next few months. Let`s all hope that it`s only a month or two from now.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
andyandfran
post Jan 19 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2163751

I've been mobile uploading photos to travelpod from my iPad for the last 4 months. Today I tried to send them to the mobile email address provided in mobile settings but for some reason they haven't made it through to my latest blog?

Its never taken more than a couple of minutes before and it's been over 24 hours? Is there a problem with the site? How long should it take to upload to the last blog?

Being an avid user it would be great to know if there's something wrong with the site.

Thx,
Andy
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 19 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #7

Journeyer

QUOTE(andyandfran @ Jan 19 2012, 08:18 AM) *

I've been mobile uploading photos to travelpod from my iPad for the last 4 months. Today I tried to send them to the mobile email address provided in mobile settings but for some reason they haven't made it through to my latest blog?

Its never taken more than a couple of minutes before and it's been over 24 hours? Is there a problem with the site? How long should it take to upload to the last blog?

Being an avid user it would be great to know if there's something wrong with the site.

Thx,
Andy

It should take as long as it takes to send the email. So it should not take any time at all.
I just tried it and it worked fine for me.... Please give it another try.

Also we are launching, today, our new iphone/ipad application and you can download it from the app store. You might want to check it out.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robandvron
post Jan 31 2012, 06:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2589063

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 19 2012, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(andyandfran @ Jan 19 2012, 08:18 AM) *

Thx,
Andy

It should take as long as it takes to send the email. So it should not take any time at all.

Also we are launching, today, our new iphone/ipad application and you can download it from the app store. You might want to check it out.

so whats the app called?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
weltfern
post Feb 6 2012, 03:39 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2622443

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jan 19 2012, 12:50 PM) *

Yeah, why don't you say what app that is? What is it called?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Feb 12 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #10

Journeyer

Hi,

The app had to be suspended for a little while but will be available again in about 7 to 10 days and will be called .. of course... Travelpod.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jobloor
post Apr 21 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 841641

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Feb 12 2012, 09:58 AM) *

Hi,

The app had to be suspended for a little while but will be available again in about 7 to 10 days and will be called .. of course... Travelpod.

Has the iPad app been launched? I am having terrible problems uploading photos from iPad 3 will this help? Tried the mobile blogging sending by email and got a message to say the file couldn't be taken from email..
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Apr 21 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #12

Journeyer

Hi,

The app should be available for the iphone.... but it works just as well for the ipad. Just look for *Travelpod* in the app store.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jobloor
post Apr 22 2012, 09:18 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 841641

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Apr 21 2012, 09:40 PM) *

Hi,

The app should be available for the iphone.... but it works just as well for the ipad. Just look for *Travelpod* in the app store.

java script:emoticon(':angel1:',%20'smid_2')

Indeed it does! Other than it thinks I am in Athens instead of NW England it all worked fine and I can change that. AND big plus for me it has transferred the titles. Thanks so much, great work techie guys and gals!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
knsbretag
post Apr 25 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 830781

Hi I've just bought an iPad and read about the travelpod app for iPad but Icahn,t find it in the app store for iPad. Only for iPhone. Is one coming out for ipad
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Apr 25 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #15

Journeyer

Hi,

We are working on an application for the ipad but in the meantime you can use the iphone one on the ipad.

You can find it in the app store under the name *Travelpod*.

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
buckgw
post May 18 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #16

Wanderer

Member No.: 255131

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Apr 25 2012, 12:54 AM) *

Hi,

We are working on an application for the ipad but in the meantime you can use the iphone one on the ipad.

You can find it in the app store under the name *Travelpod*.

Will get this a try...sooooo glad it is now around. You need to find a proactive way to tell active bloggers about things like this. I looked back in January...gave up and have been travelling with windows laptop mainly for TravelPodding

Well done
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post May 18 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #17

Expeditionist

Member No.: 2258383

Glad to hear you will be giving the the app a try. I'd be interested to know how it works for you. We'll be updating the app and spreading the word soon!
Happy travels!
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
buckgw
post May 21 2012, 02:16 AM
Post #18

Wanderer

Member No.: 255131

QUOTE(fraserc @ May 18 2012, 02:34 PM) *

Glad to hear you will be giving the the app a try. I'd be interested to know how it works for you. We'll be updating the app and spreading the word soon!
Happy travels!
Fraser

Not bad and workable.

Some quick feedback
- I don't like the keyboard being different to normal iPad one. Not having the backspace at top right is a pain
- cant rotate photos...can live with as I can turn them in camera first
- cant do the sharing bit...can live with and do via Safari afterwards
- don't think you can import more than one photo at a time. No big issue, I usually only have 4-5 photos.

Not bad
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fraserc
post May 22 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #19

Expeditionist

Member No.: 2258383

Thanks for your feedback!
We're currently working on an update to the iPhone app that will include built-in Facebook sharing, which will simplify posting entries to your timeline (and will also include email sharing). Uploading multiple photos at a time and tools for editing photos (such as rotation) are also features that have been requested by other members, so we'll be looking at those closely.
We are working on an iPad version of the app which will solve the keyboard issue you mention as well as create a much better experience for members using iPads to maintain their blogs. Until that is ready, the iPhone version remains the only option for now.
Thanks agin for taking the time to leave your feedback. Any and all comments and suggestions are most welcome!
Cheers,
Fraser
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
the6ofus
post Jun 23 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2973433

QUOTE(fraserc @ May 22 2012, 10:02 AM) *

Thanks for your feedback!
We're currently working on an update to the iPhone app that will include built-in Facebook sharing, which will simplify posting entries to your timeline (and will also include email sharing). Uploading multiple photos at a time and tools for editing photos (such as rotation) are also features that have been requested by other members, so we'll be looking at those closely.
We are working on an iPad version of the app which will solve the keyboard issue you mention as well as create a much better experience for members using iPads to maintain their blogs. Until that is ready, the iPhone version remains the only option for now.
Thanks agin for taking the time to leave your feedback. Any and all comments and suggestions are most welcome!
Cheers,
Fraser

I don't like the app - no map, and can't move pictures to different entries. But I am just new to this, so maybe I expect too much? I so wish Adobe and Apple would get their act together - literally. Bummed I can't upload directly. After all this though I am enjoying the site!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:18 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.