Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boycott Sri Lanka
karenkaren
post Mar 24 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 273713
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi,
I wish to ask for your attention on a humanitarian matter. I am concerned that those with power in the global arena have done far too little to stop the atrocities occurring in Sri Lanka, I am hoping that I, one person, one person who cares, can inspire other compassionate and caring people like you, to take action in their place.

I ask for a boycott of Sri Lanka.

Whatever the Tamil Tigers have done, the Tamil people do not deserve to be eradicated from their homeland. A pogrom of genocide is occurring right now in Sri Lanka. I believe it to be wrong as do many others. I am speaking out. Can one person make a difference in the face of such war crimes? I think YES!

Boycott Sri Lanka.

After the last Tamil is forcibly removed, do not travel to Sri Lanka, do not spend money there, do not do business there, do not support their economy, do not buy Sri Lankan products, do not print the Sri Lankan self-justifications why they were unable to live with another people.

If Sri Lankans cannot live with the Tamils, why should they expect benefits and tourist dollars from the different peoples of any other nation? Sri Lankans should not receive what they refused to give, tolerance and good will. And please, speak not of the innocence of the people of Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan people voted their government officials into office, and they have allowed those officials and the Sri Lankan army to eradicate the Tamils from the island. If Sri Lankan citizens donít actively protest the violence, they share in the blame.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

While it is not feasible to believe that all people will boycott Sri Lanka, for there are always dogs that will beg at any knee, all other human beings of conscience and civil decency do not have to reward the Sri Lankans for their atrocities. We can choose to vacation elsewhere. We can choose to purchase the goods and services of other nations which celebrate diversity, rather than murder, rape, and eradicate diversity from their midst as the Sri Lankan people have chosen to do.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

I am not trying to preach, but simply ask that Sri Lanka be shown that good will is a two-way street. Tell friends and fellow travelers, blog, pass the word. Then you too will be making a difference.

Boycott Sri Lanka. Tell the world that genocide is not an option to gain homeland peace. I thank you very much for your consideration.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thiruselvamk
post May 13 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 278638

QUOTE(karenkaren @ Mar 24 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Hi,
I wish to ask for your attention on a humanitarian matter. I am concerned that those with power in the global arena have done far too little to stop the atrocities occurring in Sri Lanka, I am hoping that I, one person, one person who cares, can inspire other compassionate and caring people like you, to take action in their place.

Whatever the Tamil Tigers have done, the Tamil people do not deserve to be eradicated from their homeland. A pogrom of genocide is occurring right now in Sri Lanka. I believe it to be wrong as do many others. I am speaking out. Can one person make a difference in the face of such war crimes? I think YES!

Boycott Sri Lanka.

After the last Tamil is forcibly removed, do not travel to Sri Lanka, do not spend money there, do not do business there, do not support their economy, do not buy Sri Lankan products, do not print the Sri Lankan self-justifications why they were unable to live with another people.

If Sri Lankans cannot live with the Tamils, why should they expect benefits and tourist dollars from the different peoples of any other nation? Sri Lankans should not receive what they refused to give, tolerance and good will. And please, speak not of the innocence of the people of Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan people voted their government officials into office, and they have allowed those officials and the Sri Lankan army to eradicate the Tamils from the island. If Sri Lankan citizens donít actively protest the violence, they share in the blame.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

While it is not feasible to believe that all people will boycott Sri Lanka, for there are always dogs that will beg at any knee, all other human beings of conscience and civil decency do not have to reward the Sri Lankans for their atrocities. We can choose to vacation elsewhere. We can choose to purchase the goods and services of other nations which celebrate diversity, rather than murder, rape, and eradicate diversity from their midst as the Sri Lankan people have chosen to do.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

I am not trying to preach, but simply ask that Sri Lanka be shown that good will is a two-way street. Tell friends and fellow travelers, blog, pass the word. Then you too will be making a difference.

Boycott Sri Lanka. Tell the world that genocide is not an option to gain homeland peace. I thank you very much for your consideration.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
manzara
post May 14 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
From: «eşme, Western Turkey. One of Turkey's best-kept secrets
Member No.: 262135

My only comment on this, is my hope that the Sri Lankan poeple will re-introduce the national slogan they adopted following the 2004 tsunami to help them recover from more recent conflict and tragedies.

"BOUNCE BACK SRI LANKA"

--------------------
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzy, Chinese Philosopher (604 - 531 BC)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
erandaa
post May 21 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 279502

This person Obviously has no idea what is going on in sri lanka. There is a war going on in the north of sri lanka and about 250000 Tamils are going through hardship. In every other part of sri lanka over 2 million Tamils co-exit among other sri lankans. Please donít spread crap like this if you donít know the true story about our conflict. There is no genocide in srilanka none what so ever. Want proof, just visit sri lanka your self and you will find out.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
abherath
post Jul 21 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 200089

Please do not believe a word of this. There is no genocide taking place in Sri Lanka. Of course, the terrorist organisation LTTE has been wiped off the face of Sri Lanka and that is perhaps the only instance of a terrorist organisation being wiped out of a country anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately, during the war to eliminate the LTTE innocent people, not only Tamils but also Sinhalese, Muslims and others have been affected indirectly, for instance getting caught in the crossfire.

LTTE sympathisers are bitter after the great loss of their so-called heroes, and they keep trying to cause problems and this post is just an example of what they do.

Tamil people live with Sinhalese and other people peacefully and happily in Sri Lanka. Most of the richest people in Sri Lanka are either Tamil or Muslim. Most top businesses in the country are owned or headed by Tamils. There are Tamil Cabinet ministers and other Tamils who hold top posts in the government. Muththia Muralidaran, the greatest ever spin bowler in world cricket, a product of Sri Lanka is a Tamil. He has been given every opportunity by this country and his career, when threatened by a cheating international umpire was saved by none other than his captain at the time, Arjuna Ranatunga, a Sinhalese.

If you go to any public place in Colombo after office hours or on a holiday, you will find that most of the people relaxing and enjoying themselves are either Tamil or Muslim, which is in fact, so nice to observe.

However, there are some Tamils, most of them LTTE sympathisers, who always think in a partisan way, "me Tamil..you Sinhalese..." and they want a separate state, separate city, separate village, separate toilet, separate everything and they spread false sob stories around the world to win support. (It is this same kind of thinking that makes Tamil Nadu in India the only state that does not recognize the national language of integration in India, Hindi. ) Such thinking causes embarrassment to the majority of Sri Lanka's Tamils who like to co-exist peacefully with other communities.

Visit Sri Lanka and enjoy what this country has to offer. We welcome you unconditionally.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nathanpon
post Sep 25 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1348041

The extremists who were defeated at the end of the Sri Lankan war feel that a boycott is a good way to get back.

Sri Lanka needs your tourism dollar because all people of Sri Lanka regardless of race, caste, creed or financial status depend on the tourism industry for jobs.

Common sense should tell you that boycotting Sri Lanka is a ridiculous way to improve human rights.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jenniel
post Oct 1 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 273401

Having just returned from almost 3 weeks in Sri Lanka, i can say we met people of all religions and castes,we did not ask their beliefs and they didn't ask ours.
We got on well with everyone and were amazed how much work has been done after the sunami. It must be very hard for everyone after the civil war but enough observers and aid representatives are in the country to oversee what happens to all the people.
Sri Lanka needs the tourist industry to aid recovery,once the north is safe to travel they will also benefit from tourism as the beauty of the country and its people shine out !!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lalchan
post Aug 1 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1960211

QUOTE(karenkaren @ Mar 24 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Hi,

Boycott Sri Lanka.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

Boycott Sri Lanka.

unsure.gif

This is entirely a ridiculous comment on the true situation of Sri Lanka. This author has purposely deteriorated the truth to achieve LTTE agendas. Come and see the reality of Sri Lanka. Now all ethnic groups (Sinhalese, Tamils and Muslims) live without any fear and terror. Many Tamils live with Sinhalese other than the North and East areas of the county with harmony. It is the LTTE who did not want to live with harmony with Sinhalese and Muslims and killed so many civilians. After they lost the war, now they use different strategies like these comments to destroy Sri Lanka economy. However, anyone who has a common sense can understand the hidden agendas of these types of entries.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lalchan
post Aug 1 2011, 01:19 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1960211

Boycott Sri Lanka.

This is entirely a ridiculous comment on the true situation of Sri Lanka. This author has purposely deteriorated the truth to achieve LTTE agendas. Come and see the reality of Sri Lanka. Now all ethnic groups (Sinhalese, Tamils and Muslims) live without any fear and terror. Many Tamils live with Sinhalese other than the North and East areas of the county with harmony. It is the LTTE who did not want to live with harmony with Sinhalese and Muslims and killed so many civilians. After they lost the war, now they use different strategies like these comments to destroy Sri Lanka economy. However, anyone who has a common sense can understand the hidden agendas of these types of entries.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
garretthall
post Dec 20 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3463733

karenkaren

I think you must be totally out of your mind or you are strong supporter of terrerist? Sri Lanka is at peace like never been before, I love that country simply because of the harmony, it's model country for so many other countries trying to fight for freedom, rights and legacy.

I have traveled where the tamils rules out, equality and joy, I met friends from both locality, sinhalese and tamils, i have met dating couple from both races, guy was a tamil and the girl was singhalese.

Why do you have to act like this way? you appeared and obvious that for some reason you are trying to show the world what is not there, whatever said and done is in the past and the country need help.

I don't think any one would buy your appeal, no one is going to boycott sri lanka, more tourist are attracted and more and more will go there.

i am so sorry for yout silly attempt and i hope you will come out of your obscurity, i wish you all the best and pray that you will be hoinest in your dealings

garrett
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
krisrodrigo
post Jan 23 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 3544103

Lachlan seems to be a pro supporter of the LTTE who is sad now that they have been eradicated from a proud sinhalese country.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:28 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Sri Lanka

Ahangama Hotels
Ahungalla Hotels
Aluthgama Hotels
Anuradhapura Hotels
Bandarawela Hotels
Belihuloya Hotels
Bentota Hotels
Beruwela Hotels
Buttala Hotels
Colombo Hotels
Dambulla Hotels
Deniyaya Hotels
Dikwella Hotels
Ella Hotels
Galle Hotels
Habarana Hotels
Hambantota Hotels
Haputale Hotels
Hikkaduwa Hotels
Induruwa Hotels
Jaffna Hotels
Kalutara Hotels
Kandalama Hotels
Kandy Hotels
Kitulgala Hotels
Kosgoda Hotels
Marawila Hotels
Mount Lavinia Hotels
Negombo Hotels
Nuwara Eliya Hotels
Polonnaruwa Hotels
Pottuvil Hotels
Sigiriya Hotels
Tangalla Hotels
Tissamaharama Hotels
Unawatuna Hotels
Wadduwa Hotels
Waikkal Hotels
Weligama Hotels
Yatiyana Minuwangoda Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.