Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Road trip from Toronto to Vancouver
eric
post Jun 20 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

I am going to start a road trip from Toronto to Vancouver. I am currently planning the route but not sure where I should go along the way. Any suggestions on the attractions that is worth to go? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Incrediblelife
post Jun 21 2006, 06:19 AM
Post #2

Nomad

Group: Members
Member No.: 285

Eric -

Are you planning to stay in Canada the whole time, or drive through the States to skip over the Great Lakes? I ask because many people drive through Detroit (?) and then back up through Canada. I've lived in Waterloo (near Toronto sort of), Thunder Bay, Saskatchewan, B.C. (including Vancouver), as well as I am now in Calgary... so I've lived in every Province from Ontario westward... smile.gif

Also, when are you planning to do the trip? How much time do you have?

Jenn

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
andrea
post Jun 23 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #3

Globetrotter

Member No.: 2

Neys provincial park on the north shore of lake superior is beautiful!

Andrea
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Jun 23 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

When are you planning this trip? This will give me a better idea of what festivals and city events you can hit.

Otherwise, a few that I would suggest not missing over here in my neck of the woods are:

-My fine city of Edmonton which is know as Canadas Fesival City

-The Rocky Mountains... Camp if you can...You can drive right through getting some stunning views and visiting the Columbia Ice Fields and Kyoto Lake

-There is a highway that goes right through Canada called The Yellowhead "Travelling the Yellowhead is a journey into history, with Indian encampments older than Egypt’s great pyramids, mighty rivers, pristine lakes, majestic mountains, forested parklands, ancient shrines and battle sites"

Those a few suggestions to get your feet wet...
Welcome to Canada!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
steph_444
post Jun 27 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #5

Drifter

Member No.: 28

I guess I should plug my province a little since you have to cross it at some point. When in Manitoba you will of course go through Winnipeg which I can't deny can be nice in the summer. Very hot! and hanging out at the Forks is always nice for a day. Laze around in the sun, walk along the river, eat out in Osbourne Village or on Corydon Avenue with all the outdoor restuarants and cafes.
As for the rest of MB, if you want to go off the #1 highway which most people don't usually, you should go up the number #16 and into Riding Mountain Nat'l Park. It's about 2.5-3 hours from Winnipeg. Always my favourite spot in the province for summer vacations growing up. Clear Lake, Wasagaming, cycle trails, hiking paths, golf courses... I love it there and always recommend it. It's a total summer town and has a great atmosphere for relaxing.
Sounds like a great trip. One I hope to do one day if I can figure out which coast to start on?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
asad
post Jul 15 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

QUOTE(eric @ Jun 20 2006, 09:18 PM) *

I am going to start a road trip from Toronto to Vancouver. I am currently planning the route but not sure where I should go along the way. Any suggestions on the attractions that is worth to go? Thanks.

Hi there Eric,

Have you done the trip...........I am planing thesame.....Toronto to Vancouver by road....What route is best, any suggestions, would appreciate......Am planing the trip with my wife and kids in a dodge van..........aoc777@hotmail.com.....Thanx

asad
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:20 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.