Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> East Coast - three weeks -help with what to do
ferrtini
post Mar 21 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 273431

Hi all,

Hoping you can help guide me on what we should visit on the East Coast. For a number of years we have wanted to visit Australia but the airfare was simply too high. Just last week we managed to get RT flights from San Francisco to Sydney for 700 dollars. We will arrive June 16 and leave July 5th.

We have nothing planned - no hotel reservations etc. I have been reading the posts on this forum and "East Coast Australia" book by Lonely Plant. Frankly I am overwhelmed with all that there is to see and do and clearly three weeks is not enough. But that is what we have and it may be a long time before we can come back.

We plan to stay on the East Coast between Sydney and Cairns. For sure we will be visiting the following places

- Sydney
- Gold Coast
- Great Barrier Reef
- Blue mountains

I know that anything we see and do will be wonderful how could it not. With that said I would appreciate your input on those special places or activities to do especially if it is uniquely Australia.

Thanks all in advance for your thoughtful guidance.

P.S. if you are visiting SF can reciprocate with some guidance.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sianeth
post Mar 22 2009, 04:14 AM
Post #2

Jet Setter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 60100

You have to go to Fraser Island! It was one of my favourite places on the East Coast - there's so much diverse scenery there, its absolutely beautiful.

And I also recommend the Whitsunday Islands - they're at the bottom of the Great Barrier Reef, and there's definitely some of the best beaches in the world there. Plus the further north you stay, the warmer it'll be!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
darrenstravels
post Mar 22 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #3

Tourist

Member No.: 167016

Agree with Sian about Whitsundays and Fraser Island - great places. Would also recommend the "Waterfall Way" in Northern NSW, especially Dorrigo National Park. Byron Bay is good to chill out in too.

Bare in mind June/July is Winter time down under, so if you want lots of sun, head to Cairns!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mustang
post Apr 7 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 275181

QUOTE(ferrtini @ Mar 21 2009, 11:26 PM) *

Hi all,

Hoping you can help guide me on what we should visit on the East Coast. For a number of years we have wanted to visit Australia but the airfare was simply too high. Just last week we managed to get RT flights from San Francisco to Sydney for 700 dollars. We will arrive June 16 and leave July 5th.

We have nothing planned - no hotel reservations etc. I have been reading the posts on this forum and "East Coast Australia" book by Lonely Plant. Frankly I am overwhelmed with all that there is to see and do and clearly three weeks is not enough. But that is what we have and it may be a long time before we can come back.

We plan to stay on the East Coast between Sydney and Cairns. For sure we will be visiting the following places

- Sydney
- Gold Coast
- Great Barrier Reef
- Blue mountains

I know that anything we see and do will be wonderful how could it not. With that said I would appreciate your input on those special places or activities to do especially if it is uniquely Australia.

Thanks all in advance for your thoughtful guidance.

P.S. if you are visiting SF can reciprocate with some guidance.

Hi, just a quick message to say wherever you go on the east coast there is loads to do and see, and it is definetly the best side to come I came 6 years ago and never left.
One thing you will need though is car hire, but make sure you do your homework first especialy regarding unlimited miles,and watch out for hidden cost . I can recomend a acompany that works from Brisbane and Gold Coast airports www.actionrent-a-car.com. we have used them loads of times they are realy helpfull.

Good luck with your trip downunder.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
travelifer
post Apr 14 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #5

Wanderer

Member No.: 275910

Hamilton Island/Whitsunday Islands are a must! While you are there, you definitely need to check out Whitehaven beach and go snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef. Whitehaven beach is said to be one of the Top 10 Beautiful Beaches in the world. I couldn't agree more, the sand is like silk and the water is crystal clear.

I've heard great things about Byron Bay as well. It's also meant to be affordable and lots of fun too for travelers!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:42 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.