Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visa on the road
sambarker
post Mar 21 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 205585

Does anyone know if it is possible to get tourist visas for Uzbekistan at a consulate not in your home country (e.g. British citizen applying at Uzbek consulate in Iran)?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aopaq
post Mar 21 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 893

I have heard it is possible to get an Uzbek visa outside your home country and as a Brit you should not require a LOI. However, I think an LOI might might required for a tourist and possibly transit visa for Turkmenistan.

I am not sure if getting an Uzbek visa is a simple process in Iran as I have not heard of anyone doing this. When I travelled a bit in Central Asia I used StanTours to help me get some of my visas (although I was denied for Tajikistan) and they were excellent especially concerning LOI's. You might want to check with them (or another agency) about the success possibility in Iran.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ahamill
post Feb 7 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Wayfarer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 67301

QUOTE(sambarker @ Mar 21 2009, 01:19 PM) *

Does anyone know if it is possible to get tourist visas for Uzbekistan at a consulate not in your home country (e.g. British citizen applying at Uzbek consulate in Iran)?

I think a Letter of Invitation is required for British citizens also - an LOI is required for every foreigner seeking a VISA with the exception of a few Former Soviet Union nation citizens such as Russian Federation. However, Turkmenistani have to get LOI and in fact they have a really hard time getting in...

Official tourist companies take care of those things for foreigners coming in with tour groups, of course, and hotels that you are booked in to take care of the OVIR registration which is a blessing since it takes many hours and a local sponsor to register yourself personally (your place of residence every single night you are inside Uzbekistan MUST be registered with OVIR, the internal security services, or you will face serious difficulties trying to exit UZ) - and this is true of EVERYONE, even citizens of the Russian Federation like my colleague Gennady.

I don't know if it's possible to get an Uzbek visa outside your own country; it may be! But plan on it taking a while. You have increased chances of you can go through a tourism company so they can take care of OVIR and VISA and everything.

--------------------
Sleepless in Tashkent
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dzasta
post Apr 14 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #4

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 124909

I got visa in at Tashkent airport but needed LOI cos no embasy in Aus. Im Australian.
Was talkin to a brit last night in Khiva and he says LOI not needed. He said you can get form on line to get visa at airport but Im sorry I dont remember where on line. As far as I know visa is NOT available at the land borders
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 11:09 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.